Not applicable
When reaching a "certain age" what are some tips on makeup in relation to eyes & lip colors? Us "silver foxes" sometimes need a little help! Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Silver Foxes makeup tips?!

I think as long as there is no glitter involved you can use any color eye shadow you like. Same for the lips, just don't do a strong eye and lip together.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Silver Foxes makeup tips?!

Here are the ones I know and use: I have silver hair and bright green eyes and am ghostly pale

1) Fill in brow hairs with a taupe shadow

2) Use light or cool tone shadows as a wash: beige or light gray

Clinique Lid Smoothies work well

3) Dot eyeliner (brown) under the lower lashes only

4) Use a broad lip crayon (Bobbi Brown ArtStick or Clinique) not a thin pencil lip liner to outline and define

5) Fill in with a semi-glossy lipstick in a rich berry tone or a deep pink/brown for day

6) Never skip blush; you need color (cream blushes are preferable) on the cheeks

Laura Geller's Blush stick is great

7) Use your old powder blush to wisk along your forhead and blend under the chin

8) If you choose liquid foundation: use a light hand and mix your favorite with a drop of moisturizer to blend, blend, blend. Creamy powders are good also: Clinique's Perfectly Real Compact is a good option and won't spill when traveling. No powder needed.

9) Use a translucent setting powder to avoid caking if you use liquid or stick foundation.

LESS IS MORE Kiss

Perfectly Real Compact Makeup Laura Geller Beauty Color Fix Blush Stick, Rose, .28 oz