Super Contributor
On 6/28/2014 Cookie06 said:

I have used Tan Towels for years and I too love them. I exfoliate pretty often. If I don't use the lotion, as suggested by some of you wonderful girls, the Tan Towel color grabs my feet and ankles and makes them much darker than my legs. No lotion on my legs or anywhere else befoe I apply them though. I also use surgical gloves while applying or I end up with brown hands. Yuck!! You have to be sure and rub them on in a circular motion and apply them as evenly as possible to get a good tan. Love it. I am tan right now and haven't stepped into the sun. I love my Tan Towels!!!

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

LOL, I remember using the surgical gloves back before mitts were regularly included with the self-tanner! My boyfriend at the time thought it was very strange I had such a huge supply of them under my sink! (He didn't realize what I was using them for, initially.)

Respected Contributor

A very good trick for lightening areas where color has grabbed-ankles, elbows, knees-use a slice of a lemon /lemon wedge and rub over that area you want to even out. It works.

Contributor

I finally figured out how to solve the patchy feet, ankle and hand problem!!!!! I use lotion on feet, ankle wrists and hands. I apply my tanner on upper body and tummy with a mitt over gloves. I apply to legs with gloves. I let the tanner dry well. I apply lotion to hands, feet wrist and ankles last to blend tanner! Works great! St tropez dark is a favorite!