Super Contributor
On 4/15/2014 momcat said:

I don't think there are any current tanners that leave you orange. These companies finally got that right. My problem with many of these tanners is that they pick up on any skin imperfection and leave a dark spot. How is Suave on this? I like Jergens because of the gradual tanning effect, but it seems to do that by day 3.

Momcat it does bring out any imperfections in the skin, like freckles but all self tanners have done that to me. Didn't matter if it was a drugstore brand or expensive. There must be a common ingredient that does that.
Honored Contributor

I don't think there are any current tanners that leave you orange. These companies finally got that right. My problem with many of these tanners is that they pick up on any skin imperfection and leave a dark spot. How is Suave on this? I like Jergens because of the gradual tanning effect, but it seems to do that by day 3.

I would beg to differ on tanners not leaving one orange. L'Oreal leaves me orange as did the Tan Towels.

I know what you mean about the skin imperfections and making them dark. I think all STs are going to do that.

Trusted Contributor
On 4/15/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I would beg to differ on tanners not leaving one orange. L'Oreal leaves me orange as did the Tan Towels.

I know what you mean about the skin imperfections and making them dark. I think all STs are going to do that.

I have to differ too as I still find most leave my skin with a really yucky orange color, especially on the leg areas. I do know there are a few companies who have directly tackled this issue as it requires a major formula adjustment and I am going to give both of them a shot this summer. Xen Tan is one and Vita Liberata is the other. If they can accomplish this feat on my skin then they will have a loyal follower for years. Vita Liberata was created in Ireland and that gives me hope that they figured out how to conquer the propensity for orange on white, freckled Irish skin which describes mine fully. Yet I also read that Xen Tan altered their formula with some kind of ingredient that completely negates any orange too.

And LipstickDiva, Loreal also left my skin looking like an orange pumpkin while Tan Towels weren't quite as bad on my upper body but my legs looked awful.

I agree too that there really is no way for an ST not to color the skin imperfections. I think they only way to avoid that is to put something on them that will prevent the ST from absorbing on those spots. Maybe a very light coating of Vaseline or similar type product.