Super Contributor

STRANGE TUTORIAL ON QVC BEAUTY IQ

Is anyone watching Beauty IQ right now? There's a rep giving a brow tutorial for the Laura Geller Brow Pencil Duo who says that brows are her passion and just finished demonstrating how to correctly use that product. Okay. Except her brows--both finished--don't match! I mean not even close. They aren't just a little off, but completely different shapes. This is rather strange to me for an on air "expert" so obviously missing the mark and also unintentionally hilarious!

I must say that I really like Beauty IQ and love the tutorials, especially those by Eve Pearl and The Brow Gal. But, like I said, this one is just strange.

Honored Contributor

Re: STRANGE TUTORIAL ON QVC BEAUTY IQ

@ChazzyLady I hope it isn't a new trend...ya just never know these days.

Super Contributor

@dex wrote:

@ChazzyLady I hope it isn't a new trend...ya just never know these days.

Hahahaha, too funny! Wow, I hadn't even considered that.

Hey, if the beauty "experts" can convince thousands, perhaps millions, of women that a huge day glow dot on the inner corner of each eye or, as QVC Beauty IQ host Courtney said (love her BTW), having a lightning bolt brushed across the top of your cheeks, is on trend, then maybe having two completely differently shaped brows may be the next big thing LOL! Woman LOL

To see exactly what I'm talking about, enter item number A273404 in the search bar here; that tutorial video is currently available on that product page.

Honored Contributor

She working without a mirror?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

She working without a mirror?

Hi there @millieshops. Good point. I checked out the video and, yes, she has a mirror.

It just occurred to me that she has an arch-shaped brow on her left (our right) and a straight-shaped brow on her right. Only recently learned, after watching a very good tutorial on Beauty IQ by The Brow Gal, that there are three types of eyebrow shapes: an arch, an arc, and a straight. Hey, maybe she actually is trying to start a new trend, LOL!

Honored Contributor

@ChazzyLadyThanks -  I didn't check the video, but I assume you figured that out.

By the way -  my brows are not symmetrical because one was shaved off when I was hit by a car.  They told me it might never grow back, but it did -  just not exactly like its mate though.  Drives my optician crazy when he tries to straighten by eyeglasses!  I can't say that anyone else has eve noticed.

Honored Contributor

Hey, we’ve all heard the experts say that “ brows are not twins, they are sisters”....meaning they’ll never look exactly the same. I would, however, expect my brows to look like they’re vaguely in the same family. Lol 😂