Trusted Contributor

Re: Robin McGraw To Bring Skin Care Line To HSN

On 4/7/2014 pixiedust said:

It would be so refreshing to see someone who is currently active in cutting edge dermatology research bring a clinically verified brand new line to the Q ..

I agree.

Honored Contributor

I understand celebrities wanting to sell products under their "famous" name, but honestly.....I had NO IDEA who Robin McGraw was. Even when I Googled her name...AH! Dr. Phil connection....but she doesn't look familiar to me at all. The line HAS to stand well on its own, cuz I guarantee the majority of the gals out there don't have a clue who she is.

Valued Contributor

Like ""they"" need more money !

Contributor

On 4/7/2014 BonnieBelle said:

My goodness, I hope it doesn't interfere with her stepford wife duties of sitting in the audience of her husband's show every day.

I so totally agree. Why is she sitting in the audience every danged show? Whose insecurity is that??

Respected Contributor

Last night she actually used the "I'm donating $10,000 to my charity" - so she could sell more product - despicable. $10,000 to her is like $1. to us. I found it disgusting.
Super Contributor

Wonder if she tried coming to the Q. When is enough skincare lines enough? And what are her credentials to form such a line. The Kardashians had a skincare product line that lasted about a minute, thank goodness, no one was interested
Honored Contributor

Mrs Phil won't be getting any of my money for her line of items either. What does she know about starting a line of makeup/beauty products anyway? Anyone here see the presentation by chance? Honestly until someone indicated, I have no idea who she is.

Really? Dr Phil's wife??!!

Regular Contributor

I just feel that Robin McGraw looked so un-natural and not good at all on the presentation

of the new products yesterday!! She doesnt even look pretty and like she used to. Way

over done in the skin pulled back. Oy.

Not applicable

I thought I would try Robin's new skin care line. I ordered 2 hours BEFORE the launch Thursday night.....and then got a message from hsn to say there was not enough product to go around! SERIOUSLY?? I CANCELLED the order. And everyone here is right....she has no credentials to sell a new line.
Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/8/2014 Chi-town girl said: There are so many so called celebrity product lines, so i typically wait for reviews unless i can get a sample. I find that there is one or maybe several items from a particular skin care line that is really unique to consider, and do like the benefit of having access to new ingredients or tools that sometimes come to us via a celebrity. Here are some details about this line: "McGraw’s goal was to release a line with an ingredient exclusive to her. This comes in the form of the specially formulated Flora-Cell Complex liposome, which draws its potency from an extract of resilient Swiss edelweiss flower. The collection, which includes the Absolute Glow purifying facial cleanser ($19.95), Awaken Youth regenerating overnight treatment ($39.95), Retinol-based Jewel Drops anti-aging serum capsules ($49.95), Total Renewal micro polishing scrub ($24.95) and Vital Hydration serum infused moisturizing treatment ($29.95), also boasts a four-pack lipgloss set. One hundred percent of the proceeds from the glosses will go to the When Georgia Smiled Foundation, named after McGraw’s late mother and dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence."

So in the great tradition of other skincare lines that hype an exclusive ingredient, will we see videos of Robin McGraw decked out like Heidi climbing the Alps to ferret out the elusive but very resilient Swiss edleweiss flower?

Yodel-ay-hee-hoo!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Hilarious!!

Perhaps a Swedish accent coach to filter out her Texas twang would be a nice touch.