Esteemed Contributor

it took about a minute to apply my foundation using the number 8 brush.  The brush is so soft you don't even feel it in your face. It does what it says it does, gives your face an air brush look. You don't even know you're wearing foundation. My makeup looks so much better using this brush then if I used an ITCosmetic brush.  Glad I purchased these.  Was well worth the money. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Review of the Artis Brushes

I was just looking at my wish list and this is on it - so I went and read the reviews and saw the videos on each one [it's on the listing page] I was and I'm still on the fence until I see these cool  - uniquely - $$ - kind of odd brushes in person! I am wondering about liquid foundation as this is my fave type to use. I like a larger brush head...these look so small and looks like possible tugging on the skin which I do enough of when removing my tenacious sunblock and makeup. I am still being open to buying unseen but need to know more deets. Ty for the review. So funny you just posted when I just came back from looking at the brushes!!

PS: did you try/like the eye/brow brush? I kind of like how you can wiggle the liner color through lashes..like tight-lining. My lashes are thinner now at 58 and this may work well. I wish they were sold separately! 

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Esteemed Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

I was just looking at my wish list and this is on it - so I went and read the reviews and saw the videos on each one [it's on the listing page] I was and I'm still on the fence until I see these cool  - uniquely - $$ - kind of odd brushes in person! I am wondering about liquid foundation as this is my fave type to use. I like a larger brush head...these look so small and looks like possible tugging on the skin which I do enough of when removing my tenacious sunblock and makeup. I am still being open to buying unseen but need to know more deets. Ty for the review. So funny you just posted when I just came back from looking at the brushes!!

PS: did you try/like the eye/brow brush? I kind of like how you can wiggle the liner color through lashes..like tight-lining. My lashes are thinner now at 58 and this may work well. I wish they were sold separately! 

Hi there Mar.  I have to tell you I used the number 8 brush that didn't come with the set.  I purchased that brush on Amazon and used that for my liquid foundation. I wanted to save the number 6 brush for blush. I haven't used the liner brush yet or the eye shadow brush yet.  The brush didn't tug on my skin at all.  It glides very smoothly.  Feels like silk.  There is a difference between using the IT brushes to these.  They can't even compare to the artis brushes.  The number 8 brush I used is 70 dollars on Amazon, and worth every penney.  

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree, the brushes are the best I have ever used.  Worth every penny. Buy with confidence.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone used the eyeshadow brush yet? That and the foundation brush are the two I am most interested in. I would like to know if the eyeshadow brushe really makes a difference compared to other shadow brushes and, if so, why/how?

TIA!

Respected Contributor

I too would like to know how they work with liquid foundation. I'm taking a haitus from makeup until the A/C is fixed at work and my eczema has healed and the vitamin c serum does its thing on a few of my spots. I will say my skin is much smoother since I started with the Paula's Choice 25% vitamin C spot treatment and Borghese Fango mud masks! I'm thinking fall will be about right for wearing makeup again or I may be makeup free by then. I shall see!
Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
I too would like to know how they work with liquid foundation. I'm taking a haitus from makeup until the A/C is fixed at work and my eczema has healed and the vitamin c serum does its thing on a few of my spots. I will say my skin is much smoother since I started with the Paula's Choice 25% vitamin C spot treatment and Borghese Fango mud masks! I'm thinking fall will be about right for wearing makeup again or I may be makeup free by then. I shall see!

I should have mentioned I used the brush with a liquid foundation.

I purposely chose the Clinique Corrector Foundation that has the doe foot stick in the bottle because when I applied it with an IT Cosmetic Brush I didn't like the way it looked on my face.  I wasn't going to buy that product again.

I used the same Clinique Corrector foundation with the Artis brush and it gave me a completely flawless finish.  It looked like my face was air brushed!  totally better look.  I will buy that foundation again because to me, after using the Artis, it's all in the brush you're using to see if a foundation is any good.  The Artis is the best brush I have ever purchased and used for applying foundation.  I don't think I'll find anything better.  There wasn't any room for better using this brush. 

Respected Contributor

WOW! What motion do you use in applying it? Buffing, swiping, patting, etc........I'm very interested in this brush for when I go back to using make up.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
WOW! What motion do you use in applying it? Buffing, swiping, patting, etc........I'm very interested in this brush for when I go back to using make up.

I really didn't use any kind of a pattern in applying.  I wiped it across my forehead and used it in a circular motion on my face.  No patting was used, just wiping it on my face with the brush and not putting pressure on my face either because the neck of these brushes are very flexible.  I don't know how strong they are.  What I did was put my forefinger on the top part of the neck and lightly wiped the foundation on my face.  I really didn't do any hard buffing. Mainly wiping without pressure on the neck of the brush and it worked fabulously.  They're very easy to use and very easy to clean.  I just wiped the brush on the cleaning pad without using their cleaner since it was only used once (saw that on the video) and the brush is clean and there's no foundation on my hand at all from that first application I did.  

Respected Contributor

Again, WOW! I'm sold. They should give you a commission! This will certainly help my application since I am not a skilled artist!