Respected Contributor

Re: Retin A has gone up in price

On 1/10/2015 MrsSweetieBear said:

Anyone who pays U.S. pharmacy prices for Retin-A is being robbed. I pay about $3 or $4 per tube plus shipping. Tubes are only 20g and I use the 0.025 cream. I could get the higher percentage and it would be about $5. You are all being taken.

Okay, well give me the details, interested. Smile

Honored Contributor

Not so long ago, I had sticker shock too. We have very good medical and prescription insurance, but Retin-A is one thing that isn't covered (I'm too old). There was no way I was going to pay a couple hundred bucks +. Someone here recommended the website GoodRx. There I found a great coupon for CVS and was able to get my 0.1% Tretinoin prescription filled for $65, for a 45 gram tube.

Respected Contributor

I can't remember what I paid for regular Retina at Costco. I use it with hydroquinone to fade age spots on the backs of my hands. But it's a huge tube that will last at least a year. I can't afford lazer which would be in the thousands.

I pay more because I get it full strength. But again, I only use it twice a week and built up to it. I know it works because of the comments I get about my skin. My new dental hygienist said she couldn't believe I was seventy and had me write down everything I used.

It is not a moisturizer.

I do not use expensive moisturizers. I use a Clinique moisturizer in the summer that I get on sale once a year. With the kit (and it's always a good one) I pay sixty dollars. In the winter I use oils; now I'm using up some Josie Maran, Eucerin calming cream, and on really cold nights, the generic of Aquaphor, which seems like expensive Vaseline and costs about the same. The last two are drugstore items, recommended by my derm. She's a cosmetic derm as well as an academic one. I see her as a regular derm; she's the only one who could settle down my skin after a Sjogren's flare. That was fifteen years ago.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for goodrx recommendation (Ive seen the commercials). I am going to check out CVS.
Super Contributor

http://www.tarasc.com

Has Generic retin- A , Carepost and hydroquinone. No script needed. Not as cheap as India but no hassles.

Super Contributor

Any one order from Tara?

Super Contributor

Tara Skincare, they have a Facebook page. You should be able to get the web address from there. I have a lot of good reviews.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/10/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 1/10/2015 MrsSweetieBear said:

Anyone who pays U.S. pharmacy prices for Retin-A is being robbed. I pay about $3 or $4 per tube plus shipping. Tubes are only 20g and I use the 0.025 cream. I could get the higher percentage and it would be about $5. You are all being taken.

Okay, well give me the details, interested. Smile

I wrote about Jennifer at butterflykisses blog and her monthly group order for Retin-A on another thread a couple days ago. I'll try to find that thread and post a link...

http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/487258/postid/10167903/re-retinol-question.aspx#...

See my posts #18 and #20

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Valued Contributor

On 1/10/2015 Kind1too said:

Any one order from Tara?

I have ordered from them. I have the .05% tretinoin. The box says made in India by Johnson & Johnson. It is a 20 gram tube and with shipping cost about $25. It is shipped from CA. I think it's a good idea to have a RX on hand even though the website does not ask for one it is a prescription only medication.

Valued Contributor

I paid $65 for a 45gram tube of .01% cream throught GoodRx. This is an app you download and it will show you the best cash prices based on your zip code. It will generate a coupon for you to show the pharmacy.