Trusted Contributor

Re: Retin A has gone up in price

I'm happy to hear that several of you have had a positive experience with Goodrx. I discovered it a few months ago but was not sure what to make of it. When I went to CVS to fill my Trentinoin Rx I could not believe that it was almost 3 times the price from 10 months ago. My pharmacist at CVS told me nothing about Goodrx and I asked for my Rx back because I refused to pay that price. I will go back and print a Goodrx coupon and see how it goes. Thanks for the information.
Contributor

I also just filled my prescription at CVS for tretinoin .05 and with the coupon from goodrx, i only paid $58. for a 45 gr tube.

Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2015 MrsSweetieBear said:
On 1/10/2015 Sunshine Kate said:

Anyone who pays U.S. pharmacy prices for Retin-A is being robbed. I pay about $3 or $4 per tube plus shipping. Tubes are only 20g and I use the 0.025 cream. I could get the higher percentage and it would be about $5. You are all being taken.

Okay, well give me the details, interested. Smile

I wrote about Jennifer at butterflykisses blog and her monthly group order for Retin-A on another thread a couple days ago. I'll try to find that thread and post a link...

http://community.qvc.com/forums/beauty-banter/topic/487258/postid/10167903/re-retinol-question.aspx#...

See my posts #18 and #20

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Thank you to all who posted! I am looking into GoodRx.com to fill a retin A prescription. Thanks! MrsSweetieBear -- where are you ordering your Retin A from? TIA
Trusted Contributor

On 1/11/2015 patmo said:

I also just filled my prescription at CVS for tretinoin .05 and with the coupon from goodrx, i only paid $58. for a 45 gr tube.

That's great to hear!!! Its one of the best kept secrets!!!

Honored Contributor

Why is Retin-A so expensive? Isn't it just vitamin A? It's been around a long time also.

It works better than pretty much everything else. It has proven efficacy in thousands of patients. I got the generic once from Careprost. I now stick to brand. I pay the price. It lasts for a long time.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Anyone who pays U.S. pharmacy prices for Retin-A is being robbed. I pay about $3 or $4 per tube plus shipping. Tubes are only 20g and I use the 0.025 cream. I could get the higher percentage and it would be about $5. You are all being taken.

I don't agree. I trust the brand name product in this. I don't think I'm being robbed. No one is forcing me to get a script from my dermatologist for this.

Respected Contributor

On 1/11/2015 winamac1 said:

Why is Retin-A so expensive? Isn't it just vitamin A? It's been around a long time also.

It works better than pretty much everything else. It has proven efficacy in thousands of patients. I got the generic once from Careprost. I now stick to brand. I pay the price. It lasts for a long time.

Thanks, Win.

Honored Contributor

On 1/11/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 1/11/2015 winamac1 said:

Thanks, Win.

Smile

Honored Contributor

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/30/fashion/30skin.html?pagewanted=print&_r=0