Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rave! Ready to Wear Serum Foundation!

I'm going to pay closer attention to this line because the few items I have tried from Philippe have been very nice. I have not tried the serum foundation. I saw the debut, but his previous foundations were a little off in a shade suitable for me.

Respected Contributor

On 3/16/2014 Trix said:

I'm going to pay closer attention to this line because the few items I have tried from Philippe have been very nice. I have not tried the serum foundation. I saw the debut, but his previous foundations were a little off in a shade suitable for me.

I've tried the eyelash extension product that you layer between mascara coats. It really works.
Respected Contributor

On 3/13/2014 cassiem said:

For those who are interested, here are the ingredients.

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isohexadecane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Acrylates / Polymethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Fragrance, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Methicone, Talc. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Lots of silicones.

Respected Contributor

To the OP.. SO nice to find a foundation that really works since it's one of the hardest things (for me at least) to find. One is too heavy, the other not enough coverage.. then shade matching is another crazy beast - especially when ordering online.

They're calling this *skincare serum* with pigments which help diminish fine lines.. Sure it diminishes fine lines temporarily- it's all the silicone blurring those lines. Hey, however you get there is all good if you aren't opposed to a foundation truly full of silicones. I know I dab some Monistat Chaffing Gel - or other silicone primers on problem spots on top of my foundation for the same smoothing. blurring effect. But I don't see any true anti-aging ingredients.

Love that it's not made in China, rather Italy. Refreshing for a change. Thanks for sharing and glad you're enjoying it.

Super Contributor

I noticed the ingredients also that cassiem posted.

Loads of silicones & I hate fragrance in items I put on my face. The HSN reviews were a mixed bag.

edited to add:

Beaten to the punch, er post, by maestra {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

On 3/16/2014 Irishrose136 said:

I noticed the ingredients also that cassiem posted.

Loads of silicones & I hate fragrance in items I put on my face. The HSN reviews were a mixed bag.

Fragrance. Same here. That's why I didn't like O Henriksen's Truth Serum Vit. C. It's loaded with synthetic fragrance. Ugh.

Super Contributor

Some people seem to be more concerned with ingredients and fragrance than I am. How it looks and reacts on my skin is what I'm concerned about. I have no problem at all with "cones." I barely noticed that there is a fragrance in the foundation because it is so minimal. This makeup makes my 62-yr. old skin really look flawless and it lasts all day. Cones or not, fragrance or not, this foundation works well for my skin!