Super Contributor

Rave! Ready to Wear Serum Foundation!

The Ready to Wear Serum Perfection foundation from HSN is fabulous! It goes on like silk, dries to a light powdery finish and looks very natural. Serum foundations seem to be the "new" fad now, but this is one I love and will likely repurchase.

Super Contributor

Re: Rave! Ready to Wear Serum Foundation!

Good to know -- thanks! I'm eagerly awaiting my It CC TSV, and if I'm not as giddy about that as so many are, my search will continue. I like how "serum foundation" sounds -- and I like how you described it.

Respected Contributor

Watched the video and it looks really nice. What kind of coverage does it have? What color did you get - do they tend to be more cool, yellow or neutral toned? Is this a brand exclusive to HSN?

Thanks - still searching for that perfect foundation, especially as my skin gets older!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the review. If you apply in the a.m. how does it hold up say 2:00 in the afternoon? This is a real issue for me. I start to look as though I have nothing left in the afternoon/early evening.

Occasional Contributor

I also love this serum foundation. I have been using it for about a month. It is soft, not drying, nice medium coverage. I don't like liquid foundations and had been using a cc/or bb cream. I wanted to try this one. I love it and will not go back to the cc/bb creams. I have oily skin and this stays on my face all day. No caky, no settling in lines, just a nice evened out complection. Be sure to use a little at a time, you can build to a medium coverage. You can use a sponge, brush or fingers. I use my fingers, after a dot here and there and smooth it in. Very happy with this from HSN. And it's only 28.00 for a pretty good size glass bottle.

Super Contributor

I'll try to answer some of the questions above. First, I have had this foundation on today for nine hours and it is still hanging in and I did not use a finishing/setting powder. I would not really describe this as a full coverage foundation but I don't really need full coverage. As far as I know, the Ready to Wear line is exclusive to HSN. I purchased light which is perfect for me, not too yellow. I'm pretty much a true light, not a light medium but a light. Hope that helps but you can go to HSN and check it out. Looks like all the colors are back in stock. It was completely sold out from the last show a few weeks ago. You can also read the reviews.

Super Contributor

On 3/13/2014 sassy12 said:

I also love this serum foundation. I have been using it for about a month. It is soft, not drying, nice medium coverage. I don't like liquid foundations and had been using a cc/or bb cream. I wanted to try this one. I love it and will not go back to the cc/bb creams. I have oily skin and this stays on my face all day. No caky, no settling in lines, just a nice evened out complection. Be sure to use a little at a time, you can build to a medium coverage. You can use a sponge, brush or fingers. I use my fingers, after a dot here and there and smooth it in. Very happy with this from HSN. And it's only 28.00 for a pretty good size glass bottle.

Sassy, I'm confused about the coverage based on your post. Is it medium coverage or is it buildable to medium, requiring a couple of layers to get to medium?

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

For those who are interested, here are the ingredients.

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Isododecane, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isohexadecane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Acrylates / Polymethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Fragrance, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Methicone, Talc. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Occasional Contributor

Lulu - I prefer to put a small mount on first so it's easier to blend. Then I add more. It is a medium coverage . I found if I use too much at first, it is hard to blend because it is very wet, like a serum. So I would have to say it is medium coverage at best. Or a light coverage if you choose. I like it and I have lots of uneven tone too. So reasonably priced, it's worth giving it a try.

Respected Contributor

I wanted to love this foundation. I have a light-medium complexion. I ordered the medium based on the presentation I saw on TV. Unfortunately, it looked orange on me and I had to return it. I'm afraid that the light option will be too light for me so I won't reorder. I'm hoping the BE serum foundation that I ordered will be a better match for my skin.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama