Honored Contributor

I received a duplicate order yesterday that was charged to my Visa. I filled out the return info online with order number, etc.

The reply was to keep the order, donate it or give it to a friend, but I'll receive my refund. They said it was an effort to save paper, etc. 

Have you ever seen this on a site? What a nice gesture!!

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I received a duplicate order yesterday that was charged to my Visa. I filled out the return info online with order number, etc.

The reply was to keep the order, donate it or give it to a friend, but I'll receive my refund. They said it was an effort to save paper, etc. 

Have you ever seen this on a site? What a nice gesture!!

Laura Geller

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

Shanus, Amazon  Also is great when replacing orders you did not receive. Sent overnight. If you locate and notify Ama they will tell you to keep or donate. Also swift when issusing refund. Have returned items to Ama at Kohls. Kohls packages and returns NO CHARGE . Same day Ama issues refund.May your holiday be happt. LOVE reading your daily messages. I have learned a great deal from ypur ideas. Many Thanks, Sligo

Regular Contributor

I've had this happen with Amazon on more than one occasion.  Also, Chewy will always refund without requiring a return and, many years ago, American Girl Doll did the same thing!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I accidently ordered multiples of Jones Road The Face Pencil and had the same response when I asked to return them.  I gave one to DD and kept one as a backup although it will take me forever to get to it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Chewy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@AnnieBelle  I've had just the opposite issue with Amazon (not talking makeup here, though).  Received an empty package.  Hubby ordered some nuts and bolts or something, a very tiny object.  The blue-and-white Amazon delivery plastc-y envelope was empty.  Two of us looked through, no item in there.  Amazon refused the return and said the package could not have been empty.   After two attempts at arguing about it, Hubby didn't think the $8.99 purchase was worth fighting over.  Our first ever bad Amazon experience.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus    VERY LOVELY .  I had a similar experience with RMS as well.  I received a Lip2Cheek item that I wanted to return because there was an issue with the container.  They told me to keep it,  for the same reason,  and they would replace with another.  I also ordered several lip pencils.  2 were really creamy but one was not,  they told me to keep it and asked me to select a different color and they would send it to me at no charge.  OMG! 

I've had that experience with several other sites,  but not many.   Great CS.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Yes it has happened to me from Amazon, Drmtlgy, and lady Gaga's makeup company.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus @Janey2 @nyc1 

A consumer protection law says that if a company accidentally sends you something, it cannot charge you for it and cannot try to require you to send it back. 

So, all of you praising QVC and Amazon, it's NOT the company you should be praising; it's the law.