Honored Contributor

Re: Question for Shanus - Coconut Oil Cleansing

Coconut Oil is a huge pore clogger!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch   I use Palmers Cleansing oil as well, on the recommendation of @SilleeMee .  It's a great price and works!

And the Palmers was recommended to me by @San Antonio Gal  Woman Happy a long time ago.

@Mom2Dogs 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Honored Contributor

@Clearsunshine wrote:

I was thinking of using coconut oil as a facial cleanser.  I looked up some older posts on this beauty blog, and saw that you mentioned that you were going to give coconut oil a try, as a replacement for you Bobbi Brown oil cleanser.  I was wondering if you did try it, and how it worked for you, and if you recommend.  Thanks.

@Clearsunshine   I'm hoping you use a sunscreen every day, even if staying home. Cleansing oils have been proven to be the best cleanser for removing spf. Regular facial cleansers, soaps, cream cleansers, do not get down to the spf for adequate removal. Sometimes, depending on the oil, a second cleanse is required. 

I have not tried the Palmer's, but if doesn't suds up when massaged with water, a second cleanse is needed to remove the oil.

Hoping you get some good recommendations.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

Why would someone wear sunscreen while "staying home"? I don't wear any when I'm inside my house b/c there's no UV light there. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

Why would someone wear sunscreen while "staying at home"? I don't wear any when I'm inside my house b/c there's no UV light there. 

@SilleeMee   For my fair skin and the glycolics and Retin A I use, spf is always recommended. I spend time in my sunroom surrounded by windows, my studio has skylights  and also walk Molly. It's just easier to put it on as part of my routine. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

Why would someone wear sunscreen while "staying at home"? I don't wear any when I'm inside my house b/c there's no UV light there. 

@SilleeMee   For my fair skin and the glycolics and Retin A I use, spf is always recommended. I spend time in my sunroom surrounded by windows, my studio has skylights  and also walk Molly. It's just easier to put it on as part of my routine. 

@Shanus 

Yes, I can understand it for your situation. I don't have a sunroom or skylights but I do walk my dog and wear SPF then but when I get home the SPF comes right off asap.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus 

@Shanus 

Yes, I can understand it for your situation. I don't have a sunroom or skylights but I do walk my dog and wear SPF then but when I get home the SPF comes right off asap.

@SilleeMee   Right after dinner, (especially now since usually not going anywhere then), I do my cleansing and night time skincare...I like it all to get into my skin and dry down before bedtime. It's better to treat my skin than wait until right before bed, when tired and may skip steps and "treat" my pillowcase.