Trusted Contributor

Re: Question for Retin-A users.........

[ Edited ]

Is the Retin-A from All Day Chemist the real thing, not just a retinol?  It's called "Retino-A" there. 

Respected Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

Is the Retin-A from All Day Chemist the real thing, not just a retinol?  It's called "Retino-A" there. 

It's the real thing - been ordering for years.

Super Contributor

Looking at your post since I just started Renova. It cost me 270 dollars for a 40 gram tube. What and where is ADC?

Thanks

Super Contributor

How can it be the real thing without a perscription just paid over 200. for Renova. Do not understand how they can do this. Thanks

Honored Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

How can it be the real thing without a perscription just paid over 200. for Renova. Do not understand how they can do this. Thanks

I believe it's from India.  I always try to get the brand name here in the States for fear it won't be the same.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beauty0125 wrote:

@beauty0125 - Two or three years ago they finally released an exact generic for Renova so my dermatologist suggested I use that instead of the namebrand. AND, it costs just under $50 per tube at CVS. Quite a savings over the crazy price of the namebrand. Oddly enough, this year my health insurance suddenly covered the cost! So, I paid a $15 co-pay for the tube. Have no idea why, after so many years, insurance decided to cover it, but ... um, okay with me! 

Also, I posted over a year ago about studies my derm is involved in, testing retin-A from overseas. I was repeatedly bashed for posting the info here, with some lovely posters telilng me my derm was lying and other ridiculous things, so I said nothing more.  But, I will tell you@beauty0125 that the initial tests (the study is ongoing) revealed that many are NOT what you get in the U.S. even though the labels say they're manufactured by the same manufacturers. Evidently, they're not. There were many ingredients discovered in some overseas retin-As that you wouldn't want on your skin (e.g., lead).  Candadian and European pharmacies retin-A samples have tested as identical to what we buy in U.S. pharmacies, but the rest (from Mexico, India, and two other countries I can't remember at the moment) were not the same, according to my derm.

Honored Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor and @winamac1 - just throwing this out there.  You can take it or leave it.  I have not seen the Dennis Goss video, but you can share it by using the "link assistant" at the top of the text box.  Anyway, without knowing the details of why he went to the dermatologist and why the dermatologist suggested only three months, my initial guess would be that he went for an acne situation that needed to be addressed.  For wrinkles, collagen building, etc., results sometimes aren't even beginning to be seen until the three month point.  For long term anti-aging, there needs to be consistent use of the product, not for a few months and then take nine months off.  That just wouldn't work.

Respected Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

@lavendar

I like RetinA micro too, but holy cow yours is expensive.  I buy mine from Tara Skincare and don't pay more than $40 a tube.

me too!

Super Contributor

Wow I did not know renova has a generic I would have used that in a heart beat. I wonder why my md did not tell me this. How does your skin look with all the years of renova. I am 56 and have beautiful skin. Most think I am 35 so I am trying to preserve this a little bit. Since m kin is sensitive I am thinking of mixing it with moisturizer. Before this I used Paula's choice retinol and love it. I might rotate 

Honored Contributor

My derm didn't tell me I could buy Retin A online...probably since their office sells it and makes a big profit from it.  

I've ordered the .05 % formula from Tara skincare for many years without a problem, until this last month.  They charged my card and 3 weeks later, they still hadn't shipped the product. I emailed them and tried to call (voice mail box was full). I then posted a comment on their Facebook page (as did others) and they shipped out the product that day.  I think I'll try All Day Chemist next time I need this.