Regular Contributor

Purity Gel as Body Wash

[ Edited ]

Purity Gel has been a long time favorite of mine.  I keep it in the shower.  Recently my husband had shoulder surgery and is unable to use his dominant arm.  He usually uses Dove bar for sensitive skin, but,  we needed something mild to use with a long handled poof.  Purity Gel has been perfect.  It makes a nice foam, is basically unscented, and he has no skin irritation.  I think we will ditch the bar of Dove and keep him using the Purity Gel.   

Respected Contributor

Not sure it's really safe for the whole body and certainly not cheap. Dove has a body wash with a pump and it is cheap, safe, and comes in varieties including sensitive.

Honored Contributor

Walmart has Equate® Sensitive Skin Body Wash for $5

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Why wouldn't it be safe to use?        

Respected Contributor

Re: Purity Gel as Body Wash

[ Edited ]

Facial cleansers have chemicals to dissolve oils and take off makeup and dirt. They might be ok for the face but the body is a large area of skin. We absorb some of what's applied and even if there aren't any dangerous ingredients (like parabens and other preservatives) it still might be much too harsh for the whole body. Not saying you can't use it but I am not sure why you'd want to with better, cheaper options so available.

Esteemed Contributor

There is a Purity for the Body.  That option makes more economical sense in terms of size of product for use as a body cleanser.