Respected Contributor

Please, need help with the new BE bareskin TSV 9/15, hope I ordered right, compromise

bareMinerals bareSkin Serum Foundation SPF 20 w/ Brush

A256043 $43.96

I took a chance and ordered bare satin for the TSV 9/15 since bare shell is already sold out. Check out this item number A256043 and see what you think between bare shell and bare satin. I clicked on bare shell(out of stock) and kept that color up than held the mouse over bare satin, didn't see much difference so, please tell me what you think of bare satin.

I did go to Ulta and 2 sales clerks there said bare shell is perfect for me and I do agree but since it is sold out already online anyway, the bare satin looks very very close to me and I don't want to go back to Ulta so, please take a look at this item number in both bare shell and bare satin and tell me what you think as far as difference goes.

I am fair, wear light in both the last IT TSV CC cream foundation as well as the last Mally TSV in her new liquid compact foundation and at Ulta both sales clerks said bare shell is my perfect color so, help, thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Please, need help with the new BE bareskin TSV 9/15, hope I ordered right, compromise

It's sold out for the pre-order, but should be available on the day the TSV goes on sale. If they say Bare Shell is your perfect match, I would have waited and ordered the day the TSV goes live. Maybe you can cancel and just be ready at midnight so that you don't miss your shade. You can also try checking in the day before this TSV - Bare Shell may be back in stock before the live TSV date. I wouldn't rush when the TSV is several weeks away.

If you go by the numbers on the Bare Essentials website, Bare Shell is 02 and Bare Satin is 06, so I think it's a whole shade up. For me, that wouldn't work, especially as we get closer to winter and I'll be getting lighter, not darker.

Respected Contributor

Re: Please, need help with the new BE bareskin TSV 9/15, hope I ordered right, compromise

I went back to Ulta after ordering satin, boy, not good. The one clerk was there that was with me and said no, not satin, remember we both told you natural would be your second choice so, came home and went to my order status which says in process and clicked on to edit, was going to put natural in but took a chance and put shell, seemed to go through so will see if I get a notice or not? Satin was really too dark.
It is odd but natural while in the medium shades is much lighter on me than satin most others but shell is perfect so, hoping shell goes through now but if not, will get natural which is odd since I think that says 7, way different but looked fine on my jawline, inside of my wrist and the back of my hands.
I came home and clicked on to edit my order and by chance put bare shell in and it went through, got a confirmation e mail so, hopefully bare shell is the one I will be getting. thanks, shell is perfect.