Esteemed Contributor

I use the biossance copper peptide every other morning. I alternate with their vitamin c dark spot serum. I especially like it under makeup. It is great for under the eyes before concealer because it plumps that area up.

Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use a peptide serum mostly b/c it helps with hydration. Peptides are small pieces of protein which are good at holding water close to the skin which can improve the look of fine lines/wrinkles. They can also help deliver other ingredients into your skin by acting like 'messengers'. I like to mix mine with a moisturizer and a THDA vitamin C serum in the morning.

@SilleeMee You nailed that definition in layperson's terms magnificently!!!  BTW SilleeMee I amd DYING to ask you your opinion about an ingredient that seems to be omnipresent in allmost all of the products that I use.  Literally.

I used to be Tem77 but QVC lost my account! All my A/D orders have been re-instated phew!
Contributor

I'm DEFINITELY a SPF/retinoid/acid/Vit C type of skincare junkie.  I haven't kept up with the peptide area of product development at all.  When they first bursted on the scene I tried them but I was far too young to have noticed any benefits as I didn't have any lines or wrinkles.  Some of my beauty buddies swear to by them.  Whatever works for you!

I used to be Tem77 but QVC lost my account! All my A/D orders have been re-instated phew!
Esteemed Contributor

Regardless of what we are seeing, what we think we are seeing, and what is actually taking place, studies concur that peptides do play a positive role in the effect of the skin epidermis.

Don’t forget that we have many daily skin stressors, (besides the sun) and perhaps that is why the changes reported in these studies over a period of time (and to our own eyes) seem minimal.  

Honored Contributor

@Harpa!  Long time no see.  You haven't been around much this year.  Good to see you posting today.  I hope you're doing well.  🌷😊

Valued Contributor
@SilleeMee ~ You mix peptide serum, vitamin C serum, and your moisturizer altogether? I always thought each product had to be layered and somewhat dried in between, but if I can use all of these in one step I will! I didn’t know if it would affect the efficacy of each. I actually use The Lab peptide and vitamin C serums you’ve recommended on here.
Honored Contributor

@Natureluvr wrote:
@SilleeMee~ You mix peptide serum, vitamin C serum, and your moisturizer altogether? I always thought each product had to be layered and somewhat dried in between, but if I can use all of these in one step I will! I didn’t know if it would affect the efficacy of each. I actually use The Lab peptide and vitamin C serums you’ve recommended on here.

@Natureluvr 

Yes, I mix them together but I also don't use much of my moisturizer when I do that...just a pea-size amount of moisturizer, 3-4 drops each of the serums, mix them together and apply. If I need more moisturizer then I can apply more afterwards or just go on with sunscreen.

Honored Contributor

@Natureluvr 

Check the batch codes on your bottles of The Lab Direct products. Find them printed on the bottom, possibly in yellow ink. What do they say?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Natureluvr wrote:
@SilleeMee~ You mix peptide serum, vitamin C serum, and your moisturizer altogether? I always thought each product had to be layered and somewhat dried in between, but if I can use all of these in one step I will! I didn’t know if it would affect the efficacy of each. I actually use The Lab peptide and vitamin C serums you’ve recommended on here.

@Natureluvr 

Yes, I mix them together but I also don't use much of my moisturizer when I do that...just a pea-size amount of moisturizer, 3-4 drops each of the serums, mix them together and apply. If I need more moisturizer then I can apply more afterwards or just go on with sunscreen.

Hmmm, a pea sized amount or less of moisturizer is what I normally use.  I'll use 2 drops of the Matrixyl serum and 1 pump (which is less than a pea) of my M Asam serum which is more like a cream than serum.  I don't mix them though.  Just commenting on the amounts used.  

Honored Contributor

@MalibuFox wrote:

IMG_6072.jpeg

"Glycated skin with damaged collagen and elastin leads to a rough, callus-like texture on the skin. It often looks like there is a layer of orange peel on the epidermis." Art of Skincare website.  

Gosh, I must really need an anti-glycation product considering the amount of sugar I consume.  However, my skin is neither rough or callus-like, or even yellow.  In fact, I think I look pretty good for my age.  The only tough, callus-like skin on my body is on the inside of one of my big toes, which does bug me to no end.  

I'm not saying glycation isn't happening.  I'm just saying there's no reason to eliminate sugar from your diet trying to chase young skin.  And remember, sugar means all sugars including the ones that come from vegetables.  

Since I have no plans to change my diet, I guess I should look into these anti-glycation ingredients.