Honored Contributor

Paula's Choice Retinol: anyone use it?

I don't use or know about her products. Does she have different levels of retinol? If not, how potent is the one she offers and what do you think about it?

TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Retinol: anyone use it?

Yes she has some different levels. She has the moisture barrier moisturizer and the wrinkle defense serum with retinol that are very low. She also has a 1%. I use all three. I don't have sensitive skin and can use all of them together every night without irritation. Usually I will mix the 1% in with the wrinkle defense serum. All these products are from the resist line.
Honored Contributor

From her site: THIS will answer your question.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I also use all 3 of her retinols..I find them very effective. I really like her products!

Super Contributor

I use this one, I have very sensitive skin. It says it's for the body but on her website says you can use it on face as well. It's very cost effective 4oz for $27. How can you beat it. I actually mix it with my Moisturizer evernight before bed and my skin looks smoother and it took away alot of uneven skin tone.IMG_20170108_223223.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely love her Retinol products!  Been using her products since 1995.  No animal testing, color-free, fragrance-free.  If you sign up for her emails, you will get offers for specials.  I wait until 15% or 20% off and free shipping.  Products are guaranteed for 60 days and and their customer service is excellent.

Esteemed Contributor

@henderson, I am curious.  Do you use all her products from her Resist line?  I have been using her 1 percent Retinol and have been happy with it.  However, it seems she does not offer a specific neck cream.  Wonder if all her Resist line products are necessary.  I suppose a kit would be the best way to try them.

Honored Contributor

I like her line and now believe in her research and data more than I used to.  That being said, this product horribly irritated my skin.  I can use Retin A, but I can't use this.  Something is in this product that made me peel terribly!!

http://www.qvc.com/Paulas-Choice-Clinical-1-Retinol-Treatment.product.A276148.html?recommendationLoca...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Regular Contributor

I bought this and it dries my skin out badly.  I don't even have sensitive skin and have using a retinol for quite a while, but this is harsh for me.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I like her line and now believe in her research and data more than I used to.  That being said, this product horribly irritated my skin.  I can use Retin A, but I can't use this.  Something is in this product that made me peel terribly!!

http://www.qvc.com/Paulas-Choice-Clinical-1-Retinol-Treatment.product.A276148.html?recommendationLoca...

I have just started to use this product.  It's funny you say this.  I use Retin-A 0.25% on my face.  I found I could not use it on my neck and decolette.  So, I went with Serious Skin Care Retinol.  I had no problem with that.

When I started running out, I decided to try another product, and chose the one you mentioned.  I am finding my neck and chest are itching and I feel a sunburn like sensation also.  Like it's just too harsh.

I will try a few more times and see if that irritation is still with me.  If so, I go back to the one I was using!

Hyacinth