Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster?

On 2/10/2015 suzyQ3 said:
Yes, that is the one. I freely admit to not being interested in making my own skincare, so I am using this oil blend. I think it's going to be a keeper for me, as opposed to using one or two single oils as I had been doing. I love that it has a lighter texture also.

So do I. Glad you like it so far, SuzyQ!

Super Contributor

I got my sample today. Does anyone have any application tips? Do you like it mixed with your serum, moisturizer or all on its own?

Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 magemay said:

Is it this one?

<p class="categories clearfix" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; zoom: 1; color: #505050;"> Key Ingredients: borage seed oil, Echium plantagineum seed oil, evening primrose oil, jojoba oil, cranberry seed oil,sunflower seed oil, ceramide NS, safflower seed oil, Argania spinosa, apricot kernel oil, cholesterol

Product Ingredients:

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #505050;"> Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil (all non-fragrant, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant-rich plant oils), Ceramide 2, Cholesterol (skin-repairing ingredients).

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #505050;">

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #505050;"> Wow, so easy to make. I've read up on Cholesterol and even though it's touted as being beneficial, well, as a topical, I would leave it out Smiley Happy

Yes, that is the one. I freely admit to not being interested in making my own skincare, so I am using this oil blend. I think it's going to be a keeper for me, as opposed to using one or two single oils as I had been doing. I love that it has a lighter texture also.

I don't know why she has sunflower seed oil as the fourth ingredient as it's one of the lightest weight oils. It can be used for people with oily skin. Don't know why it's even in this oil as the other oils are heavier and certainly no more oils are needed other than jojoba oil. (Which is closest to the sebum in our own skin).

I've read so much of Paula's information through the years and I'm not impressed with this oil. How many oils does a person need to apply to the skin for moisturizing? Certainly not all of these. I'm so disappointed in the ingredient list on this particular product.

Honored Contributor

On 2/12/2015 myshell624 said:

I got my sample today. Does anyone have any application tips? Do you like it mixed with your serum, moisturizer or all on its own?

Myshell, as I posted below, I use it both mixed with a serum and on its' own. I like it both ways, just depends on how I feel at the time and if time is more limited. Or sometimes I just use the oil on its' own if I've already used in the AM and it was cold and windy and in the PM my skin just feels like it needs the extra boost.

Super Contributor

On 2/12/2015 HappyDaze said:

Myshell, as I posted below, I use it both mixed with a serum and on its' own. I like it both ways, just depends on how I feel at the time and if time is more limited. Or sometimes I just use the oil on its' own if I've already used in the AM and it was cold and windy and in the PM my skin just feels like it needs the extra boost.

Thanks HappyDaze! I did see where you mixed it with your matrixyl serum. I'm trying out her Resist Antioxidant Serum. I might try mixing it with that. It feels really lightweight. I think I'm going to like it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks HappyDaze! I did see where you mixed it with your matrixyl serum. I'm trying out her Resist Antioxidant Serum. I might try mixing it with that. It feels really lightweight. I think I'm going to like it.

you're welcome! I was worried it would be heavier so I was very pleasantly suprised when it was more lightweight yet does work well for me in terms of preventing dryness. I honestly wasn't ever going to try it but then it was on sale and I had a discount to use on top of it so I thought what the heck, I'd give it a try. Glad I did and I am sure I will repurchase (during a sale, of course, lol). I hope it works well for you!

Super Contributor

you're welcome! I was worried it would be heavier so I was very pleasantly suprised when it was more lightweight yet does work well for me in terms of preventing dryness. I honestly wasn't ever going to try it but then it was on sale and I had a discount to use on top of it so I thought what the heck, I'd give it a try. Glad I did and I am sure I will repurchase (during a sale, of course, lol). I hope it works well for you!

I always order during a sale or when I have a coupon. I don't think I've ever paid full price. I hope I like it too:-)

Honored Contributor

On 2/12/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 2/10/2015 magemay said:

Is it this one?

<p class="categories clearfix" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; zoom: 1; color: #505050;"> Key Ingredients: borage seed oil, Echium plantagineum seed oil, evening primrose oil, jojoba oil, cranberry seed oil,sunflower seed oil, ceramide NS, safflower seed oil, Argania spinosa, apricot kernel oil, cholesterol

Product Ingredients:

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #505050;"> Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil (all non-fragrant, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant-rich plant oils), Ceramide 2, Cholesterol (skin-repairing ingredients).

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #505050;">

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #505050;"> Wow, so easy to make. I've read up on Cholesterol and even though it's touted as being beneficial, well, as a topical, I would leave it out Smiley Happy

I don't know why she has sunflower seed oil as the fourth ingredient as it's one of the lightest weight oils. It can be used for people with oily skin. Don't know why it's even in this oil as the other oils are heavier and certainly no more oils are needed other than jojoba oil. (Which is closest to the sebum in our own skin).

I've read so much of Paula's information through the years and I'm not impressed with this oil. How many oils does a person need to apply to the skin for moisturizing? Certainly not all of these. I'm so disappointed in the ingredient list on this particular product.

Funny because it was precisely the ingredient deck that appealed to me. I really like the idea of a blend of oils rather than using one. Different oils have different properties and different benefits. To me, that's a good thing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

So far I've been using a couple drops over my serum and/or moisturizer. I just find that easier for some reason. But I don't think it matters one way or the other. I also use what's left on my hands to apply to the ends of my hair or even to smooth my hair down a bit.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 2/12/2015 suzyQ3 said:

So far I've been using a couple drops over my serum and/or moisturizer. I just find that easier for some reason. But I don't think it matters one way or the other. I also use what's left on my hands to apply to the ends of my hair or even to smooth my hair down a bit.

Thanks suzyQ3! That's typically how I apply my oils too. I guess I'll try it mixed with my serum and on its own to see what works better. It's nice that it's versatile and can be used different ways.