Respected Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster?

On 2/12/2015 Sunshine Kate said:
On 2/10/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/10/2015 magemay said:

Is it this one?

<p class="categories clearfix" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; zoom: 1; color: #505050;"> Key Ingredients: borage seed oil, Echium plantagineum seed oil, evening primrose oil, jojoba oil, cranberry seed oil,sunflower seed oil, ceramide NS, safflower seed oil, Argania spinosa, apricot kernel oil, cholesterol

Product Ingredients:

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #505050;"> Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Echium Plantagineum Seed Oil (all non-fragrant, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant-rich plant oils), Ceramide 2, Cholesterol (skin-repairing ingredients).

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #505050;">

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 18px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #505050;"> Wow, so easy to make. I've read up on Cholesterol and even though it's touted as being beneficial, well, as a topical, I would leave it out Smiley Happy

Yes, that is the one. I freely admit to not being interested in making my own skincare, so I am using this oil blend. I think it's going to be a keeper for me, as opposed to using one or two single oils as I had been doing. I love that it has a lighter texture also.

I don't know why she has sunflower seed oil as the fourth ingredient as it's one of the lightest weight oils. It can be used for people with oily skin. Don't know why it's even in this oil as the other oils are heavier and certainly no more oils are needed other than jojoba oil. (Which is closest to the sebum in our own skin).

I've read so much of Paula's information through the years and I'm not impressed with this oil. How many oils does a person need to apply to the skin for moisturizing? Certainly not all of these. I'm so disappointed in the ingredient list on this particular product.

I'd guess she is trying to balance a lighter oil with the heavier feeling oils. Sunflower is high in linoleic acid and vitamin E so it seems a good addition, IMO. The borage and evening primrose are good choices. Some OS calendula extract would be a great addition for its anti-inflammatory attributes. Not so sure about the cholesterol. There are probably better choices. Only one ceramide? This being a PC product, where's the dimethicone? Glad to see she left it out but she sure does seem to love the slip of that stuff.
Super Contributor

I love the oil! I mixed it with the Clinical Retinol Serum last night and I cocktailed the oil, Resist Antioxidant Serum and C Serum (trying a sample) this morning. My skin feels so soft. I'm also really impressed with the Clinical Retinol Serum. I'm thinking of getting it to alternate with the Resist Intensive Retinol Serum at night. I didn't get any sting with the Vitamin C this morning. I'm doing a trial with it. I don't know if Skin Actives is keeping the Cranberry C Serum or not and I don't think I could use their other one with lemon and orange. If Paula's doesn't irritate me, I'm going to try the full size.

The Power duo's are 20% off. I already have the Clinical Retinol Serum and Oil duo in my cart:-) I just need to decide what free samples I want.

Super Contributor

I think this might be a good time for me to try the oil with the 20% off on the duos. I already use and love the Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer, but I think I could use a little boost of moisture with it. I'm always hesitant to try new things due to my sensitive skin, but I've had nothing but great results with everything I have tried so far.

Super Contributor

On 2/13/2015 CissyT said:

I think this might be a good time for me to try the oil with the 20% off on the duos. I already use and love the Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer, but I think I could use a little boost of moisture with it. I'm always hesitant to try new things due to my sensitive skin, but I've had nothing but great results with everything I have tried so far.

It is a good sale. Their customer service is great. I'm sure they'll work with you if the oil doesn't work out. It has a nice light feel to it. I hope you like it:-)

Super Contributor

They also have the trial size on sale for $7.00. Maybe I should try that. How long do you think that trial size will last?

Honored Contributor

They also have the trial size on sale for $7.00. Maybe I should try that. How long do you think that trial size will last?

I would imagine for quite some time. I literally use two drops twice a day. I wouldn't pay the regular price, but this is not bad. One CS rep told me a while ago that samples ship free, but I don't know whether that's true or not.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 2/13/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I would imagine for quite some time. I literally use two drops twice a day. I wouldn't pay the regular price, but this is not bad. One CS rep told me a while ago that samples ship free, but I don't know whether that's true or not.

Thanks suzyQ3. I placed an order for products I was running low on and got the booster oil and 1% retinol serum free. But, I don't think I'll be trying the 1% retinol any time soon. I think that would be too strong for me. Hopefully, it will be enough of the booster oil for me to see how I like it.

Super Contributor

The trial will last long enough for you to tell if you like it. It comes with a dropper and you only need two to three drops. Since your skin is sensitive, a sample might be best.

Super Contributor

On 2/13/2015 myshell624 said:

The trial will last long enough for you to tell if you like it. It comes with a dropper and you only need two to three drops. Since your skin is sensitive, a sample might be best.

myshell624, Thank you. I agree. I think it would be best to try the sample. I can always go back and order the full size.

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 myshell624 said:

Agreed, you only need to use 2-3 drops max. I have what I consider semi-sensitive skin these days (thanks hormones!) and I haven't had any issue with it. Good luck, CissyT!