Super Contributor

Paula's Choice: Moisturizer ~ SPF ~ Foundation ?

Do Paula's SPF Tinted Moisturizers (foundations) have the same level of anti-aging ingredients as her SPF products?

I'm considering:

SPF: RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 (the tint in this doesn't provide coverage, it's just so that you don't see a white cast) ~ or ~ Tinted moisturizer: Barely There Sheer Matte Tint

My issue with SPF foundations is that I don't apply enough to be be an effective SPF barrier, so I'm leaning towards the Daily Wrinkle Defense. Has anyone used either of the products above?

I'm 50 and I'm not sure what my skin type is. It's not oily; I don't have problems with acne or breakouts. It gets dry in winter but not so much in summer. It's just normal, I suppose. But she doesn't really offer many products for normal skin that I can see, so I've been looking at "combination skin" products. My current SPF has become too shiny (it was perfect in winter).

I use a Vitamin C serum every day, followed by Skinn Stem Rejen Facial Lifting Serum. So I suppose that covers the anti-aging ingredients (if it's possible to ever have enough!). I'd like to only use one additional product on top of those two, for SPF. I'd opt for the Daily Wrinkle Defense, I think, if it has more anti-aging benefits than the Barely There Tint.

Super Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice: Moisturizer ~ SPF ~ Foundation ?

I use and love the Resist Super Light Spf 30. I have not tried Paula's tinted moisturizer. The Super Light Spf 30 is just tinted. I don't get any coverage with it. It is very light feeling on the skin and is so gentle that I can use it around my entire eye area without any irritation. It also has a nice finish. It doesn't leave you looking shiny and it makes a great base for foundation.

If you are worried about not applying the tinted moisturizer liberally enough, it sounds like the Super Light would be your best bet. Sunscreen really is the most important step in any skincare routine.

Super Contributor

I use the PC Skin Recovery line of products and often use the Barely There Matte Tint. I like the Matte Tint--it has enough color to even out my skin. I use it more for the color it gives me and less for the moisturizer properties.

Love all the Paula's Choice products that I've tried--my skin has never looked better and so easy to just order them when I need more. Prices are reasonable and I usually get free shipping.

Super Contributor

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, OP.

You seem to be comparing apples & oranges. Barely There Sheer Matte Tint is primarily a makeup item with sunscreen.

RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 is an anti-aging product that contains sunscreen. The tint is an aside factor (to hide the titanium dioxide). The true purpose is antiaging as indicated by being part of the RESIST line.

Honored Contributor

OP, she really does have products for normal skin. In fact, all of her "collections" are labeled for "normal" in addition to other labels. Then within the selection, you may see some that target skin that is more oily or more dry.

I have normal to dry skin and use many of her products, mostly from the Resist line (serums, sunscreen, toner, etc.) but also the Skin Recovery moisturizer and the Hydralight toner.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I will just have to decide what type of product I want. Recommendations and opinions from others who've used the products helps, so I thank you for your replies.
Super Contributor

On 5/28/2014 Dharma_Initiative said: I will just have to decide what type of product I want. Recommendations and opinions from others who've used the products helps, so I thank you for your replies.

Have you thought about trying samples of each?

Super Contributor

Good idea. Thank you.

Respected Contributor
Super Contributor

Thank you Iwantcoffee. I don't know what all those Super Light ingredients are but I assume they are good things (or did you mean just by the larger quantity of ingredients it is better).

I'll be going with the RESIST Super Light b/c I've decided I won't need a foundation or tint coverage in summer.

I've been trying more PC products one by one. I'm currently liking her RESIST Retinol Serum and am repurchasing it. But just as an aside, I like the NuFountain C 20 serum better than her C 15 booster.

I was hoping to hear from more ladies who've used the Super Light b/c I know there are quite a few here, but I appreciate the input from the few of you who responded to my question. I did search for past posts/opinions, but I like to know if those who raved about it in the past still like it and/or are using it b/c as we all know, some people rave about things without using them for very long.