Respected Contributor

PTR Mega Rich Cream Question ~ Please

[ Edited ]

A275551 ~ Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Cream.

I am interested in trying this Cream.  The deal here is for two 3.4 oz Super Size Jars for $99.  3 Easy Pays, and AD, if you choose.  One super size jar sells for $120.

I already use several of his porducts, and I do like them very much.

My concern is the jar packaging, and it not being sold in an air tight container.  

The ingredients sound good, and it does have very good reviews for those of us with very dry skin.

Any opinions (positive or negative) would be most appreciated.

Thanks Much.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

Re: PTR Mega Rich Cream Question ~ Please

Cream in wonderful, quite hydrating.  I have used it for years.  However, I have the same concerns as you regarding the packaging and I prefer the small size jars. An enclosed jar with a pump dispenser or even in a tube would be better.  Also, the last couple of times I purchased it from PTR website, the color of the product was different.  Also, it has an odd strong chemical scent/smell which concerned me.  I returned one jar.  This is a good deal price wise, but not sure if I will order or not!  If I encountered problems, it would be expensive to mail those large jars back to the Q -- especially now since the Q does not reimburse the original s&h.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for your reply jump4joy.  I was thinking about trying it out.  So many of the reviews on several sites state how well they like it, and the moisturization is GREAT for the winter months.  My skin is beyond dry.  I do use Hydroshield, and I even need more than that.

There is a site on line that sells the jars that you pump on top (just like SKiNN jars) and they do not cost much.  It would be easy to transfer this cream into one of those, as I have read that it is very thick, and trying to get it into a pump jar would be a real mess.   I think i will give it a shot.  

Thank you!  I appreciate your time to help me.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Frequent Contributor

LOVE this cream..  sign up on PTR email site.. for the past 3 years they've been offering this 3.4 oz size for $25-35, on Thanksgiving day, then again in the spring - April or May

Trusted Contributor

@MeAgain wrote:

LOVE this cream..  sign up on PTR email site.. for the past 3 years they've been offering this 3.4 oz size for $25-35, on Thanksgiving day, then again in the spring - April or May

Yes, this is the Black Friday deal for  $25! I wonder if QVC is aware of that, or if this is a new formulation. 

Valued Contributor

Mistic -- I think you will like it as it is really hydrating and creamy going on!!  Not sure if it would work from a pump jar -- worth a try!  I really wish that PTR would do away with the jar packaging -- especially with the larger size producs he is offering.

Valued Contributor

@Karena wrote:

@MeAgain wrote:

Yes, this is the Black Friday deal for  $25! I wonder if QVC is aware of that, or if this is a new formulation. 

That is when I purchased my two jars.  As I posted previously, they were different in consistency, color and particularly, scent/smell.  My jars had a strong chemical smell that I just did not feel right about putting on my face.  I sent them back to PTR, but never heard anything more.  Can't decide whether to order this duo or not.  It is surely from a different batch and may be OK.  Hope he has not changed the formulation....

Respected Contributor

Thank you for all the information.  I will sign up at his site, too!  

Frequent Contributor

@MeAgain wrote:

I also do the Black Friday deal on PTR site. Great deal! I really like this cream. It also gently exfoliates with the lactic acid.

Respected Contributor

@jump4joy wrote:

Mistic -- I think you will like it as it is really hydrating and creamy going on!!  Not sure if it would work from a pump jar -- worth a try!  I really wish that PTR would do away with the jar packaging -- especially with the larger size producs he is offering.

I have an empty SKINN Collagenesis pump up blue jar.  When my cream arrives, I'm going to give it a try, and if it works, I am going to order some that I found online for other products I have in plain jar packaging.  The lids are clear, and you can write with a sharpie what is in it.  

I don't get it.  The vendors are so passionate about a new product (or an old one) that they bring...  And then don't protect their ingredients?