Occasional Contributor

Re: Olive Oil Scrub--How to Use It?

I love Body Scrubs but feel they take too long to use. I spend about 5 minutes exfoliating my body because it doesn't lather like a shower gel does. Also, I was wondering if you use it with a loofah don't the grains get stuck in there? Thanks! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

In place of anything else. It is all you need.

Valued Contributor

when i use it with a pouf, i actually get quite a bit of lather. i scrunch it a bit with some water on the pouf before i use it and voila! bubbles! the grains don't get stuck as far as i can tell and if they do, it still works just fine. they rinse out quite nicely when i'm done. i usually use both olive oil scrub and shower gel. as in, i use one and then rinse, clean my hair and then use the other one while letting my conditioner sit and then rinse everything.

Trusted Contributor

I have never used it dry! Do you get different results from using it dry vs wet?
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/30/2014 candlekid said:

I love Body Scrubs but feel they take too long to use. I spend about 5 minutes exfoliating my body because it doesn't lather like a shower gel does. Also, I was wondering if you use it with a loofah don't the grains get stuck in there? Thanks! Smiley Happy

I also use it on a pouf with a little bit of water. Plenty of lather and it does not stick.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Jeannie29 said: I have never used it dry! Do you get different results from using it dry vs wet?

I believe that when you use it dry that you obtain better exfoliating results. As I mentioned above my preferred choice is wet.

Valued Contributor

I use the micro-delivery on my face, then all over olive oil scrub, then the 3 in 1 for it's mositurizing benefits. Don't you love the way your skin feels so soft after using Philiosophy products?

I've used the olive oil scrub on dry skin, but it doesn't have much lather.

Oh yeah, follow all these steps with the body lotion/whipped body creme! Great results!

Honored Contributor

On 7/29/2014 graycatsrule said:

I only use it on my legs. I think I started out that way because it was winter and they were really dry. It never occurred to me to use it all over.

Try it on elbows.

When I use a scrub on my body, I do it in place of my body wash - unless I want to sensory experience of the body wash.