Regular Contributor

OT....computer question, sorry, desperate here!

I have googled and tried to figure out how to do this out for hours with no success.

I am trying to figure out how to change the administrator code on my desktop because I don't know what it is. I only know the other user password.

I am trying to update my adobe reader and do some things that I can't do without the password. 

I use Windows Vista. Has anyone run into this problem? I'm going nuts! Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: OT....computer question, sorry, desperate here!

A Google search came up with this tutorial for recovering the adminstrator's password.

Hope it helps! 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

@Dreamchaser wrote:

I have googled and tried to figure out how to do this out for hours with no success.

I am trying to figure out how to change the administrator code on my desktop because I don't know what it is. I only know the other user password.

I am trying to update my adobe reader and do some things that I can't do without the password. 

I use Windows Vista. Has anyone run into this problem? I'm going nuts! Woman Sad

I use Foxit reader to view PDF documents.

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/

You may not need an administrator code to install.

Regular Contributor

Thank you IamMrsG. Unfortunately I have already tried that one several times with no luck. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks nutmeg3! I tried it. It asked for the administrator password. 

Respected Contributor

I can not remember how I did it but I had to find a pw this summer on a Windows based laptop for a team.  When unable to determine the password, I went about it by finding the password directory files.  I found it and successfully changed it.  Took me two hours but gotta say I was pleased with myself.  Also reinforced why I love my Mac's.  Anyway, maybe you need to change your approach.  Hack into your own machine.Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

Go to YouTube and find a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7i93EqnKdY

If you have an HP or a Dell, go to the Community Customer Forum.

I find HP support forum to be a little more helpful.  You may want to go to HP YouTube Support Channel.

Regular Contributor

Is there a way to reply with someone else's post?

Bella - Hacking this sucker would be awesome, I am trying like crazy! I'd hate to know how many hours I've spent on this, way over 2! 

nutmeg3 - Thanks for posting that video. I have been trying and trying. Unfortunately I can't even get to the very first part which is....

First of all
- go to start > Run > type cmd

I have an HP. I guess I will have to try the HP support forum and the HP YouTube support channel. Thanks for the ideas! 
Regular Contributor

I did search on you tube for a long time last night and tried out different things with no success but didn't know there was an HP you tube channel.