Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T anyone here use yahoo email?

I use Yahoo email and have nothing but problems for over a week.

I get a message saying I don't have the latest version of IE (I do). I cannot switch from the version of email (basic I presume) even though I previously had the other version.

I've explored solutions/suggestions given on their community website and tried a few. None worked.

Contacted customer care and they were no help in that they told me it appeared I was using IE 7 (I'm not). Gave a few other suggestions. I've deleted the mail out of frustration. Why bother?

Viewing/opening it in Chrome worked, but I still don't understand what the problem is using IE.

I've given up for now. It is too frustrating to spend hours trying to resolve these issues. At least to me.

Trusted Contributor

I use IE 8 with no issues. I have some issues on other sites though because of my older browser.

Valued Contributor

It's finally working ok but I did install a new anti-virus program and ran a complete scan and now it's ok. Don't know if that made the difference though.

dooBdoo thanks so much for those links! I've used yahoo for many years and it'll be a pain to stop using them , I also have an earthlink account and use it for personal contacts because I get so much trash on yahoo.

Honored Contributor

NO problems with Yahoo mail for me. I just opened my mail up but from time to time it will shut down and I receive a message. It does not happen often and it usually does not last long.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I had a problem with Yahoo email maybe 8 years ago. For some reason, all of my emails were being forwarded to the alternate email I had listed in my profile. Even after I removed that email address and put in another, they were still going to that email address.

I emailed the free yahoo customer support and all I would get is the stock answer and to read the Help section online. I couldn't get a warm body anywhere.

Finally I found a phone number for someone in advertising sales for Yahoo. She took pity on my and got someone to fix in like 3 minutes.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

On 10/29/2014 Nadine said:

It's finally working ok but I did install a new anti-virus program and ran a complete scan and now it's ok. Don't know if that made the difference though.

dooBdoo thanks so much for those links! I've used yahoo for many years and it'll be a pain to stop using them , I also have an earthlink account and use it for personal contacts because I get so much trash on yahoo.

Hi, Nadine!Smile You're welcome. One of the great things about the down-detection sites is that the comments often provide helpful, practical fixes for others.

(Sometimes the comments are off-the-wall, too, but that goes with the territory.{#emotions_dlg.laugh})

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova