Respected Contributor

O/T Anyone Ever Quit Physical Therapy?

{#emotions_dlg.huh} right in the middle of it? I am supposed to go 16times and have gone 8 times. The gal I have is AWFUL and doesn't know what she is doing....I can't take it any longer. It costs me a 20% copay to go and a deductible....it's like flushing money down the toilet.

Long story but one time I got another therapist (last week) and that gal was like isn't so and so doing this with you....what about this? I was embarrassed and said no she doesn't do that...this gal was very good and knew what to do....she also wrote some stuff down in my chart and when I saw the reg gal she was like "oh so you did all this new stuff...did you like it?" I told her yes that I thought it helped and once again like always I talked about WHY I am there and what hurts and so on....for some reason she is not addressing all the things I am there for.

There is so much I could say....just take my word on this....I am not getting good care here...it's really upsetting me...I don't ever want to go back to that place. My chriopractor said to tell her to do such and such with my shoulder....he did it on me last week...said all PT's do this stuff also....this gal didn't know what to do with my shoulder at all....she pressed on one spot there with the pressure of a butterfly and that was it. same with my neck or shoulders....she spends maybe 3mins...barley touching the trigger points....the other gal was really good and was telling me I feel tight like cement and was stretching and pushing to get my muscles to release....she worked over time on me by 10mins....this reg gal usually cuts the hr to 45mins and skips it all....at first I thought it was on purpose....lazy...didn't care about the patient....now I just think this is how she is trained and would do this with any patient...she's not good at her job is all.

I don't think I could complain and try to get the other gal instead....and go back there to face this one....it's all so embarrassing....I wanted to tell the gal today that she was doing the tape on my back wrong....but she's supposed to know this stuff....I shouldn't have to instruct her....I want to go places and see people who know what they are doing. So when I walked out I felt the tape pulling my shoulders and mid back in a "hunch"...I had to really fight to be upright against it....got in my car and ripped it off. It felt nothing like when the other gal did it....that day it felt like she had put me in a posture brace...and my shoulder blades and muscles were relaxed feeling....it was really amazing....so I know today it was done wrong...she's done it wrong my neck for several weeks...good grief...should I tape up myself instead? why bother going in then?

It's like this with everything....from hair dresser to a pt person....you just never know if you got a good one and if not your stuck...or leave.

So if you quit pt did they expect you to tell them why?? how did you handle it.