Valued Contributor

New to wen, need some advice please.

I just started using wen about a month ago and I love it! I've used the WCM, TT, LAV, and SAM CC. I've also used SAM SC and RTS. I have more CC and a TT SC one the way along with a POM body lotion. I have so many questions but I'll just start with a few. ;-) I've been using my CC as a body wash and love it, but I see they have a body cleansing cream. Does it really do anything different? It looks like cost wise it's cheaper to use CC than the body cleansers. But if it's better for the body then I don't have a problem getting it. Also what products besides the CC and SC do you recommend starting with? I have a dream of having my whole linen closet filled with wen, but I'm not sure where to start. I have medium texture hair, naturally curly, length just to my shoulders. But needs cut to just below my chin and will be soon. Thank you all in advance. I've been reading the posts on here and learning a lot!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Honored Contributor

Re: New to wen, need some advice please.

I've been using the body cleanser since I bought it as OTO last year. I also spent Christmas away from home and, as an experiment, used a seasonal WEN conditioning cleanser as my only shower item. I noticed no difference in performance from the body cleanser. The body cleansers (Except for the Pom!) have no menthol, so if menthol is an irritant for you, you may want to consider a body cleanser.)
Valued Contributor

Thank you! I may just keep using my CC unless there is a great price or OTO. I do want to order some things today but can't make up my mind. Not sure where to start....
Super Contributor

On 2/6/2014 BethanyB said: . . . Also what products besides the CC and SC do you recommend starting with? I have a dream of having my whole linen closet filled with wen, but I'm not sure where to start. . . .

It depends entirely on what issues you're currently having with your hair that you'd like to address. Is it dry, damaged, etc.? If you explain what your hair needs, then people can offer suggestions of what might help. But if your hair is fine and you're happy with it, then maybe you don't need to buy anything else. I guess I'm just not a big fan of buying just for the sake of stockpiling. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Valued Contributor

On 2/6/2014 FinnyMinny said:
On 2/6/2014 BethanyB said: . . . Also what products besides the CC and SC do you recommend starting with? I have a dream of having my whole linen closet filled with wen, but I'm not sure where to start. . . .

It depends entirely on what issues you're currently having with your hair that you'd like to address. Is it dry, damaged, etc.? If you explain what your hair needs, then people can offer suggestions of what might help. But if your hair is fine and you're happy with it, then maybe you don't need to buy anything else. I guess I'm just not a big fan of buying just for the sake of stockpiling. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

My hair is somewhat on the dry side at the midshaft and ends. My scalp was extremely dry ,bad Ohio winter. I've been using the TT mostly for my 1st cleans and have noticed a big difference in my scalp. I really like wearing my hair curly. Just wash and air dry mostly but it can get a little fizzy even with SC. I can tell a big difference since using wen but I would like to bump it up! I have been reading a lot on the products. And the ladies here seem to be really helpful. I'm open to really trying different things. But I've never used oils, masks, things like that. Thank you so much!
Contributor

I am fairly new to Wen myself, but I would highly recommend trying the oils. I noticed a big difference when I started using the CC, and later when I added the oils it really took my hair to even a whole new level- even softer, more shine, seems to smooth the cuticle out some because my hair is smoother with less frizz. I even like to add a drop or two to my soaking wet hair (mid-shaft and ends) after cleansing and my hair just drinks it up.Especially with the winter dryness, it is a great time to give them a try!
Valued Contributor

Thank all of you so much. And I just received one of my packages from Qvc. I had orderd the body lotion in POM and my order says lotion and my receipt with my package says lotion but I received the body cleanser. I called cust service and they were very helpful. I decided to keep the body cleanser and they are sending me the lotion for the same deal it was on when I purchased it. So I guess I'll get to try that one out for myself. :-) I think I will give the oil a try as it is so dry here in Ohio. My whole body and hair is screaming for moisture! I'm just upset now because I just showerd right before the BC arrived. I'll have to wait to ty it. Ha!
Super Contributor

On 2/6/2014 BethanyB said: Thank all of you so much. And I just received one of my packages from Qvc. I had orderd the body lotion in POM and my order says lotion and my receipt with my package says lotion but I received the body cleanser. I called cust service and they were very helpful. I decided to keep the body cleanser and they are sending me the lotion for the same deal it was on when I purchased it. So I guess I'll get to try that one out for myself. :-) I think I will give the oil a try as it is so dry here in Ohio. My whole body and hair is screaming for moisture! I'm just upset now because I just showerd right before the BC arrived. I'll have to wait to ty it. Ha!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} spoken like a true WENner!!

I think an oil would be a great next purchase. All of them are so versatile, particularly the tea tree. I use oil as a scalp treatment, add a drop or 2 to my sc when I need more moisture, use it to take my makeup off before cleansing my face with BGT or 613, use it as a facial moisturizer after cleansing and put it on my legs and arms after a shower while I'm still wet.

I do love the POM & fig bcc because it's so moisturizing, but during the summer I used LAV cc.

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2014 FinnyMinny said:

Oh, I didn't even notice that second question, but this is a great answer.

I'd say start with the Cleanser and whatever styling products you use now. You don't NEED the styling cream, but you can try it. If you use heat to blow dry or style, you need a heat protectant, but almost all styling products on the market have a silicone in them which is a heat protectant.

If you wear your hair curly, you may want to skip all the WEN styling products and stick with curly hair specialty products. I've tried all the WEN products and my HG styling products are Curl Keeper, by Curly Hair Solutions, along with gel on days I want extra hold. None of the WEN styling products did what I wanted. They're good, they just didn't do what I wanted. The mousse worked better for my wavy-curly hair than the cream did, but none of them prevented my hair from getting frizzy and out of control when it got humid out and Curl Keeper does.

I use the oils and remoist, but they're an added boost and you may want to use your cleanser for a while and then decide what else you may want to add. The oils are great because you can use them on your hair, face, or body. Tea Tree is my favorite for my face and Sweet Almond Mint is my favorite for my body. Fig and Pom are way too strongly scented for me and I hate them in my hair because I can smell them all night.

Respected Contributor

Besides the cc and styling creme, I definitely recommend the oils. The oils are great for keeping a healthy scalp and promoting healthy hair growth. I noticed a big difference in the frizz in my hair when I started using the oils. My hair was smoother and more hydrated. I also recommend the smoothing glossing serum. It is also a great frizz fighter. I just add a pump or two in with my styling creme for extra smoothness, shine, and frizz control.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!