Super Contributor

Last year when the 3-in-1/emulsion uber duos went to $67, I was annoyed that Q did not hold the price I had supposedly "locked-in" years before. That was the beginning of the end for me. I basically used what I had and tried Korres, Perlier, and Carol's Daughter products, all of which I like. Plus BBW's aromatherapy line appeals to me as well. I already switched my skincare to Skinn in 2012. I still cannot find anything I like better than Phil's olive oil scrub, so that will be my splurge. Since Philosophy is raising prices again, it does make it easier to pass up on things (kind of like Yankee Candle when they raised there prices this last time). Good thing I stockpiled on both! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

I only purchase Philosophy bath and body products (as well as other bath and body brands)and as much as I don't like to see any price increases, going from $16.50 to $17 is pretty insignificant (although I know a year or two ago they went from $16 to $16.50). But I can certainly understand that no one wants to keep paying more.

However, I always get some deal or special with sales/coupon codes at Philosophy's website, Nordstrom's (3 for $15 sales on the 6 oz. size or 3 for $33 on the 16 oz. size), Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack and BI discounts at Sephora.

Respected Contributor

Our school and property taxes went up. The garbage fee went up. Our car and house insurance went up. Salary goes down due to increase in taxes and health insurance going up.

I've really cut back on beauty/skin care products, but this year I decided to cut down even more.

I stopped buying their shower gels; they're nice but no better than what's available at the drugstore for far less money. I love their fragrances but none of the scents last long on me so I refuse to waste my money on them.

I don't like the turn Philosophy has been taking the last few years. They seem to be coming up with more and more products; it's starting to look like SSC's line of a bazillon items.

Trusted Contributor

Wow -- From what I remember, they just increased their prices last year.

I know it doesn't seem like a lot of money, but if a person purchases a few of those products on a regular basis, it really adds up. Luckily, the most I buy are some of the body washes. Even then, I don't buy nearly as many as I used to.

I guess the price of everything is going up...

Frequent Contributor
I have to agree with the comments here. I hadn't watched a Phil show in quite some time and caught one that I watched pretty much the whole way through. My first reaction was at the prices! I have been making purchases of my favorites thru sales at various sites, shower gels I get at TJ or Marshall's. Beginning to check out and experiment with more reasonable/comparable brands. I think Phil has reached my max price points :-(
Contributor

Well, I've pretty much given up on philosophy. I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a fragrance that lasts only 5 minutes.

Baby grace and unconditional love were my favorites; before Coty my dirty clothes used to smell nice, now theirs no scent at all. My husband even asks why don't I wear the perfume I used to wear. So many customers have complained but Coty does not care so I'm just fed up.

I'm going back to buying Garden Botanika on line. You can at least create your own signature fragrances. They have 5 categories of fragrances ;florals, fruits, musks, warm, cool and crisp. So you can review all the fragrances online and pick and choose what you want.

You can buy tiny samples pretty cheap so you can experiment and get the fragrance you want before you place your main order. You can get your fragrance, in perfume, lotion, massage oil, so it's perfect for layering and these fragrances and they last a long time. I've mixed my own fragrance and it's pretty close to unconditional love.

Bonus if you become a member, you get a 15% discount. They also have discounts on super Tuesday ( first Tuesday in the month) and if you're a member you get a additional 10% discount the entire month of your birthday. That's 25% off.

Garden Botanika apparently appreciates their customers, so I'm going back home.

Occasional Contributor

With the price increases and lower quality, I'm really starting to wonder about the health of this brand. I was at Dillard's yesterday and the store was kind of busy but no one was buying philosophy, and the selection wasn't very good. Then, I went to Nordstrom, which was very busy, and the philosophy rep was not there and the selection was even worse. I think they were even missing a few product lines, not only random products. The counter seemed 3/4 full or less with no extra display areas, and it's normally full with 1 or 2 extra display shelving areas. So many people on here are gone, and this forum seems pretty dead. Also, I mostly quit using the brand too. There's a product or two I still like, but I can't see myself buying more than $100 per year. I really wonder about how well philosophy is doing now. Has anyone else noticed this?