Super Contributor
I am 59, light to medium skin tone, white hair. It seems every blush I try looks too garish, doll like. I do need the color. What blush is just a hint of glow without screaming old lady? The last one I tried was IT cosmetics cheek tint....it was too bright. Skinn's teen tone cream blush is OK. Laura Geller's baked seem too pigmented and bright....I have a bunch of others in my drawer that I just can not use.
Frequent Contributor

NARS Org asm is a nice subtle shade.

The NYX cream blushes are also very nice.

Honored Contributor
while I am generally using what is in the makeup kit that I have on hand these days I always liked clinique and the color fig. I am fair haired with fair skin
Regular Contributor
I agree with the Nars Org asm (hate the name). Sephora has a hard time keeping it in stock.
Trusted Contributor

You didn't say what color you're looking for, but what immediately came to mind for me is Maybelline Dream Mousse blush. I have the color Peach Satin and it's very light and gives just a hint of color. If you prefer pinks, perhaps there's another color available that would work for you.

I am also fair and sometimes find blushes are too pigmented and hard to tone down, so I know what you mean.

Trusted Contributor

Wanted to add that Milani makes a very good dupe for NARS O called Luminous. It does have shimmer, though, if that makes a difference.

Super Contributor
Thanks for the suggestions! I will write these and any others that people suggest down, and do some investigating. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor
On 9/2/2014 gazelle77 said: I am 59, light to medium skin tone, white hair. It seems every blush I try looks too garish, doll like. I do need the color. What blush is just a hint of glow without screaming old lady? The last one I tried was IT cosmetics cheek tint....it was too bright. Skinn's teen tone cream blush is OK. Laura Geller's baked seem too pigmented and bright....I have a bunch of others in my drawer that I just can not use.

I have the same problem at times with blush. You want one with staying power, not too much to start. I mostly use LG baked, but don't apply it directly to my face. I swirl it, tap brush then sometime blot on tissue before applying it. I also found that finding the correct brush helped. I was using a kabuki which was too intense.

There was a thread last week, I think, about light pink blushes that included some great suggestions. When someone says they want less color a lot suggest peach. They don't always work for r because I need cool-toned cosmetics.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll find something great!

Super Contributor
On 9/2/2014 vaccinia said:

Wanted to add that Milani makes a very good dupe for NARS O called Luminous. It does have shimmer, though, if that makes a difference.

That's great to know. Thank you for the info!

Honored Contributor

Smashbox Soft Focus is a great blush.