Esteemed Contributor

Need advice with the eye pencils

I purchased several sets of the Dec. TSV ad although I love the first application of the eye pencils we cannot them sharpened due to breakage. Is there a tip? I may try to chill them before I sharpen and see if that helps. We've used quite a few different sharpeners with no success.
Regular Contributor

Re: Need advice with the eye pencils

Yes chilling does work. Lately I have been using retractable pencils so I do not sharpen, but in the past I have put the pencil in the freezer for thirty minutes to an hour. When frozen they sharpen real easy.

Contributor

Chill them for a minimum of 15 minutes in the freezer. 30 minutes if you have the time.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks gals, will try this. Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Also, I have had better luck with the little cheap sharpener that comes with some Mally kits... compared to a larger "luxury" sharpener (the kind that catches the shavings and accomodates different sizes). For some reason that little sharpener gives a much better, laser sharp point that is much easier to work with.

I really like the retractable pencils too, but the product keeps falling out of the pencil. Anyone else having that issue?

Honored Contributor

I use Palladio Retractable Herbal Eye Pencils from Sally's , wonderful , come in many shades.