Contributor

Just thought I'd share my experience for anyone interested in doing at home peels.

After getting some great advice on here, I ordered my first peel from Makeup Artists Choice. I started off with a sample of the 25% Mandelic Peel. I only used about 1/5th of the bottle, an incredible value since it cost just 4.95.

The Collagenesis ABC peels from Skinn are the only other peels I have used. After testing my skin's reaction to it the first time, I began to leave them on for a couple hours at a time in order to get any result. They did make my skin smooth and helped a bit to clear and brighten my complexion, but I didn't notice any truly significant results after eight peels. They cost almost $60 for a set of four if you don't get them in a kit. I didn't feel the results justified the cost for me. However, they may work well for those more concerned about irritation.

Before starting the Mandelic Peel, I cleansed with a non-exfoliating cleanser and applied the pH Prep solution they sent me, which contains witch hazel, glycolic acid and lactic acid. Next, I used a q-tip to apply the quite watery Mandelic Peel all over my face and neck. I've heard of many people using a fan brush instead, which I will have to get, because the q-tip is not the most efficient applicator. Nevertheless, it worked. Knowing my skin to be very tolerant and the 25% Mandelic to be a pretty mild peel, I left it on for the full five minutes. (The recommendation is 2-5.) I didn't feel much, until the end of the five minutes it finally started to warm and tingle. I rinsed my face well, then applied a simplified version of my skincare routine.

I couldn't believe the results in just five minutes. My skin was as smooth as glass, so smooth it actually has a bit of a shine to it (not due to my skincare). My fine lines were less noticeable, my complexion brighter and more translucent. It helped with some acne I've recently developed, and also helped clear out my pores and make them less visible. It's been a day now and no redness or irritation have developed, and my skin still looks amazing. No foundation needed. I am truly impressed. I will probably finish up the remaining four 25% Mandelic Peels in my sample before trying the 40% Mandelic sample, since my skin is tolerating it so well. I believe the peels from Makeup Artists Choice are the real deal, so I would be cautious with them if you aren't experienced with peels. But, for my skin, they seem to be just what I needed.

Valued Contributor

I have done several peels and will continue to do so. I think it makes a difference in your skin's appearance. I have hyperpigmentation which is a different issue than what you discussed but I am thankful to be able to do my peels at home. I plan to do one later this week.

Trusted Contributor

OP, I'm so glad you had a positive experience with an MUAC peel!

I've been using MUAC peels for around 10 months, now, and had a lot of hyperpigmentation issues. Still have some acne pitting on my cheeks I would love to have go away, lol. I recently had to buy a new lighter color foundation because the monthly TCA peels made such a difference (went from a Revlon medium beige to Revlon nude, a huge difference). I wish I had discovered these peels years ago!

Trusted Contributor

I also use MUAC's Radiance Peel but will probably try the mandelic acid peel when I place my next order. I already use and love the mandelic acid toner and their DMAE cleanser. Their products help keep my skin feeling smooth as I'd had some under the skin bumps that had developed from skin products that did not work for me. Love MUAC!

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

Thanks for such a detailed review!

Valued Contributor
Thank you for sharing! I use a terasita 50% glycolic peel, but this one sounds great, too.