Contributor
My hair doesn't seem to like the minty Wen CC. It's not bad but just not as soft and frizz free when I use any of the mint CC. I have used the original scent, WCM or the WVM. I love the scent of the WVM and the WCM. I guess I have used it long enough and used enough different formulas to start weeding out scents that don't work as well for me. It's a shame tho because I sure do like the way these smell. Anyone else seem to not just have great results with the minty CC?
Respected Contributor

There are many women who prefer the non menthol formulas and stick to the seasonals and kid's formulas. Some people are allergic to the menthol as well.

Respected Contributor

What CCs give you better results? It might just be a coincidence that those formulas have mint and aren't great for your hair. Speaking from my own experience, I get frizzier results when I use any of the soy based formulas (which WCM and WVM are), and my hair positively haaaaates SAM. It's absolutely one of the worst for me. But I love my hair with Fig and/or CA with some 613 thrown in, all of which have menthol (as all the core and seasonal CCs do).

Honored Contributor

Most core core formulas and original seasonals do not give my enough moisture and leave my hair dry. I love the smell of the Winter Vanilla Mint, but it just does me no favors unless I use it with Fig. Sweet Almond Mint is my favorite core WEN scent, but that also leaves me dry and does nothing for me. I have it in the oil, body lotion, remoist, volumizing treatment spray and the replenishing treatment mist and I love all of those - just not the CC. I don't think it has anything to do with the mint as much as the combination of ingredients in those formulas, which is why none of the originals seasonals and few of the core formulas really worked for me.

My favorite seasonals have been Winter Cranberry Mint, Summer Tuscan Pear, and Winter White Citrus. My favorite core formulas are Tea Tree and Fig. I can't use Tea Tree alone or it also dries my hair, but Tea Tree and Fig together make a winning combination for me.

Honored Contributor
On 1/12/2015 DogLvr said:

There are many women who prefer the non menthol formulas and stick to the seasonals and kid's formulas. Some people are allergic to the menthol as well.

The seasonals have menthol in them. Or maybe I misunderstood what you posted?

Respected Contributor

I love SAM and WCM scents. Both of them are great for my hair.