Esteemed Contributor

Maybelline and L'Oreal cushion foundations hack

Because the drug store lines Maybelline and L'Oreal are both owned by L'Oreal, their cushion foundations come in the same size compact and the sponge that holds the foundation is also the same size. I bought the Maybelline Dream Cushion foundation in the shade ivory 10 which is fair and the L'Oreal True Match Lumi foundation in the shade Neutral N2 which is light.

So I have 2 compacts with a fair shade and a light shade and really want to have one compact with both shades so I can have one in my bathroom and one downstairs so I discover that the sponges that hold the foundations can be easily pulled out of the container. It's messy so wear disposable gloves. I took a pair of clean scissors and cut each cushion in half exactly and then placed one half of the fair and one half of the medium into both containers. As both shades look similar when both halfs are in the compact I also took a Sharpie pen and wrote  light and fair on the inner lid so I know which shade is which. It works very well and now I have two compacts that hold both a fair and light shade of cushion foundation.

Respected Contributor

Re: Maybelline and L'Oreal cushion foundations hack

@TY, good idea.