Honored Contributor

Re: Make-up free celebrities

Not a Kardashian fan in the least---but what a photo! Actually feel bad for her condition as she hides it well with make up. I don't look awful with no make up--am very lucky to have good genes at my age of almost 70. But have to admit, I do look better with make up on.

Now Megan Fox in no way, in that 2nd photo make up free--looks like she tatooed her brows as well as her liner and maybe even eyelash extenstions---the skin could be natural --but not much else. and really--I don't give a hoot anyway!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl  The lying bothers me a little.  Reputable websites describe all these photos as make-up free.  They should exercise better editorial judgment.  Just getting this off my chest, made me feel a little better.  

When I was a young girl, I thought people looked like they do in magazines.  I don't, and I guess that inadequacy pain is still there.  

I remember reading with interest about how a model spent MONTHS getting in shape to look great on a cover.  That is before celebrities dominated covers and photoshopping, but there still was retouching.

I'll try not to think about this.  I guess psycological damage still there...

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe ---when I was a little kid, I thought clowns were really people that looked like that!! Woman Very Happy Never occured to me it was costumes and make up. Was never afraid of them and really loved to see them. 

Now when I was in jr high school, there was Jean Shrimpton and Twiggy and they were who we looked up too as far as make up and such--I was very intrested in all that then. Now at my almost 70 years, I pretty much just am not interested in the strifes and trebulations of any celebrity----they have never done much for me in real life, never wanted to be or look like them. So it doesn't matter what "normal" stuff they do that seems to be such a huge sensation. Just noise to me. It's all about making the almighty $$$.

Contributor

Alicia Keys is a true natural beauty with a beautiful spirit to match.
Esteemed Contributor

The minimally made-up Gloria Steinem and Bobbi Brown

Image 21.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

The beautiful Alicia Keys created a Broadway musical, Hell's Kitchen (semi-autobiographical), that last week received a boat load of Tony nominations, and she is back to make-up for her interviews.  Looks like she eased back into it during the run-up to  the show.

Tony nominations interviews photo:

alicia keys w make-up.png

Alicia Keys on November 19, 2023 show open pre-Broadway

Alicia Keys

PS, the early reviews of the show, were not so good, but it was workshopped, and I am hearing the Tony nominations were earned.  If you are an Alicia Keys fan, look for the awards show on June 16, 2024, CBS.  

Respected Contributor

Along with being "makeup free" NOT...Megan Fox has highlighter on her forehead and the nose. 😆 

Maybe they mean stage-makeup free. 🤷‍♀️ 

Honored Contributor

I just laugh when I see the "makeup free" articles!   Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The best way to see makeup free celebs is a google image search for celebrities at the beach.  I rarely see celebs wearing makeup at the beach unless they are doing a fitness magazine photo shoot. Smiley Happy

@NYCLatinaMe  Alicia Keys is so pretty and she has such great skin! A real beauty with or without makeup and so talented Smiley Happy