Honored Contributor

Ladies where do you keep your ever since I am 15 its been on my dresser top, hubby now in putting it in the cupboard in out triple dresser. This has caused a lot of tension. I want things where I want them, I have bent on a lot of things this is something I will not bend on. What are your thoughts please, many thanks all.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

My cases which contain my sometimes cosmetics are in the bathroom linen closet. I am highly allergic to house dust. Nothing I use on my face sits on display. The makeup I use most often is in drawers for quick, easy access in my vanity and my dressing table.

Taking the allergy issue away, I would not want my makeup cases cluttering my dresser top. It needs to be put away.

Respected Contributor

My makeup is under the bathroom sink. It would never be in the bedroom or visible on the dresser. I don't like clutter.

Honored Contributor

What little makeup I use is on one of the shelves in my medicine chest.  I only have my jewelry box on top of my dresser.

Honored Contributor

Mine is kept in bathroom in drawers or under sink.  I would ask him why he's moving it.  It's your choice where you want it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Make up case

[ Edited ]

I love my organized makeup tower from amazon.  There's also a brush case.  Each tier fits on so you stack what you want; long and shallow with deep!  I didn't choose the lipstick top.

I use the hall bathroom so I can get ready without waking DH AND not hear complaining.

Sorbus Makeup and Jewelry 6-Drawer Display CaseOrganizerThe brush case is just this top.

Cq acrylic Cosmetic Display Cases With LId Dustproof Waterproof for  Bathroom Countertop Stackable Clear Makeup Organizer

Honored Contributor

I have a vanity with a small bench in our bedroom. It is mahogany wood. My husband gifted it to me for our fifth wedding anniversary from Ethan Allen. We were furniture shopping and I mentioned I had always wanted one.

I have my perfume bottles out on the top. It has quite a bit of storage, so nothing else on top @I am still oxox .

Honored Contributor

I have two cases...one holds my hair products.  I have very long hair and a lot of accessories.  The other holds my nail products.

I keep my nail and hair products in a case  in my bedroom closet on a shelf.  I keep my contact lens solution, etc in the vanity in the guest bath room.

My dresser doesn't have much on it.  

I would not be a happy camper if my husband moved my stuff without asking.  Then, of course, he doesn't put anything away.

I find his tools all over the house.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

I'm sorry your DH is cramping your style.  This is why my "one word of advice" to all my nieces and nephews when they married is "have separate bathrooms" lol  DH and I started out with a 10x11 bathroom and a 6.6ft double vanity.  One would think that would be plenty of space.  One would be wrong.   A few years later, he moved into bathroom #2 and my bathroom vanity was shortened a little bit and has one sink but a wider and deeper tub (that I haven't been in in 3 years because of knee issues).  I HATE showers! Smiley Sad

I have two closets in my bathroom.  A single wide linen closet and a double wide closest.  I keep my 2 tier makeup cart in the double wide closet.  I have more makeup than I think most women do and this cart has been a game changer for sure.  If you don't have a mini Sephora worth of makeup in your bathroom, maybe one of these would work for you.  I have the larger one.  Only used it once but if someone needed to be able to store all their makeup, this would be ideal.  I don't like the idea of a makeup "bag" where I'd have to dig for things.  This is the large one that I have.  Here is my 3 tier makeup cart

cart.jpg

Makeup cases

Just paste this item description in the Amazon search bar.  There are 3 sizes and different exteriors.  

JOURMON Makeup Case Travel Makeup Train Case Organizer Cosmetic Bag Portable with Adjustable Dividers and Shoulder Strap for Makeup Brushes Toiletry Travel Accessories(Pure Black, L)

Honored Contributor

BTW, the 3 tier cart, when not in use, rolls right into the closet it's sitting in front of.