Regular Contributor

What are your thoughts on these two lines? Would you favor one over the other? Why?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Respected Contributor
I guess it depends on which product. I'd compare the ingredient decks and then decide. I really like 100% Pure products.
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Bella. I was just wondering about the lines as a whole. It seems to me that Mad Hippie may be more affordable. I've never used either one.

Honored Contributor

It depends on what products and what ingredients they have, I cannot make general statements on most lines as some products are good and some aren't. I just compare ingredients and choose products based on the ingredients and not necessarily the line itself.

I've only tried one Mad Hippie product, the vitamin C, and it irritated my skin probably due to the essential oils and certain extracts. I also don't like their dropper packaging for the vitamin C because exposing vitamin C to light and air causes the vitamin C to become ineffective more quickly but you could remedy that by using a pump instead. That is the only thing I tend to see about Mad Hippie I don't really like is the essential oils added in the few products I've looked at, as essential oils can be irritating.

With 100% pure, I've tried the body lotions but didn't find them moisturizing enough. I also tried their lip cream pencils and they are pretty nice but the colors don't work for me. I really like the caffeine eye cream but I didn't repurchase afterwards because I don't believe we need a separate eye cream. I recently started using their Super Fruits reparative cream because I have a sample of it and I really like it- very moisturizing but not greasy, soothing, no irritation- but the sample won't be enough to know if it will change my skin in any way longterm. I also like their lip and cheek tints too, mainly for my lips.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, HD. Good point about the dropper.