Trusted Contributor

Looking for a "Great Face Mask"

I see the poof squad stopped the post on Great Face Mask.

Can you re-post the name?  I'm looking for something for moistizing/brightness.  My face is on the dry side because of RetinA usage. I see Dennis Gross has a new blue mask that you mix with powder and then you peel off.   I like the sheet masks that have the face cutouts.  However, they seem pricey.

How many times a week do you use a mask? What's your favorite?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a "Great Face Mask"

I love masks! Three times a week for me. One is a green clay for pores, a bit drying but only once weekly. Then I immediately apply the Isomers copper rich mask. Then a couple of days later I do another mask, usually one kind or another. 

Check out the NUGG masks on amazon.  I tried this variety pack and love it:

51KKr04WUYL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Occasionally I use the Andalou pumpkin mask, similar to PTR's.

Honored Contributor

I have a few I use, depending on what I need:

Pores: Origin's Clear Improvements

Acne: Origin's Out of Trouble

Moisture: Origin's Drink Up Intensive

Soothing: Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Mask

Brightening: First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Overnight Mask

The First Aid Beauty mask is great for radiance, but it can be drying. When I use that one, I put a layer of the Drink Up Intensive or some argan oil over it so I don't wake up with dry skin.

The Clear Improvements and Out of Trouble masks I usually use as spot treatments when and where I need them.

The Skin Recovery masks I use when I have irritation, flakes, or redness.

I use Drink Up Intensive whenever I feel a little dry and need a boost.

Because they all serve different purposes, I don't have a schedule, like mask every Sunday, but during the winter months, I use the Drink Up Intensive mask on a more regular basis.

Honored Contributor

I have yet to see a mask that does anything that lasts more than a day ... or two, at most.

A gal I work with has spent a lot of $$$ on masks over the last 6 months, and her skin doesn't look any different ... at all.   (She has expressed disappointment with the cost and lack of results)  

Can't you get the same results with a topical product such as a moisturizer, astringent ... or whatever?

Trusted Contributor

Josie Maran masks are good. They aren't overly drying like some. I thought my pores appeared smaller & had less oil in my Tzone. I tried the unscented & Lavender Citrus but the latter the purple color irritated my skin so I'd recommend the unscented.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I have yet to see a mask that does anything that lasts more than a day ... or two, at most.

A gal I work with has spent a lot of $$$ on masks over the last 6 months, and her skin doesn't look any different ... at all.   (She has expressed disappointment with the cost and lack of results)  

Can't you get the same results with a topical product such as a moisturizer, astringent ... or whatever?

@Tinkrbl44,

I know what you mean. But the clay mask results, the kind you let dry, are very noticable on my pores. I think clay masks are the best!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I have a few that I use here, @Himi lover; and since I'm also a dry-skin type can recommend:

They're all Skinn items and are available at Evine.com.

Wrinkle Soak Age-Defying Hydrating Mask (Watermelon Mask and very hydrating).  My absolute favorite.Woman Wink

Skinn Vacuum Deep Pore Cleansing Mask

EnergEyes Anti-Fatigue Firming Eye Mask (very hydrating and refreshing around the eye area) Close second.

310-609 is a kit # at Evine that includes them all and where you can check out ingredients, demo video, reviews, etc., if you might be interested.

I love them and use them all a couple of times a week.  These don't "dry" so they can be left on as long as you like and may be used as often as you like as well. HTH"sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A well-reviewed purifying classic that's less than $10:

1956907.JPG (158×374)

Been using it for a very long time, and the results are still great. 

It's not a peel-off type BTW, which still give me the creeps, lol.

*just Google for online & in-store vendors*

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy,

Oh your avatar is just so dog-gone adorable!!Heart 

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @SilleeMee - just changed it!

Bet your own Golden furbaby is even cuter, huh? Woman Wink

What's your cutie's name and how old are they?