Respected Contributor

Looking for a nice sort of green/brown, darker khaki color eye lining pencil(matte)

boy, am I having trouble finding a nice green/brown sort of khaki color eye lining pencil. I like this for my lower lash line since I have hazel green(more on the green side) eyes. I use mostly deep smokey grey on the top or the deep matte green as well as a medium/dark brown but like the khaki for the bottom. I had such a nice one, loved it, BE Ready pencil but can't find that one anymore anyplace and can't find any that are similar. I can find bright green, peacock blue/green, shimmer sparkly green(want matte) and yellow green(looks like jaundice) so, wonder why since I would think this would be a good color for anyone with brown, hazel or green eyes? I want a pencil only and one that doesn't tug or pull.

Regular Contributor

Re: Looking for a nice sort of green/brown, darker khaki color eye lining pencil(matte)

URBAN DECAY makes a beautiful dark khaki pencil: the color is APATHY. There is a teensy-teensy hint of shimmer but not glittery. Check out ALMAY too; they used to make a good group of eye makeup based on eye colors.
Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a nice sort of green/brown, darker khaki color eye lining pencil(matte)

Argyll, it seems that Apathy was in a set called Black Market, but it doesn't appear that it is one of their permanent colors. At least, it's not on the UD site. It can be found on eBay.

You might check out UD's Mildew, which is one of their permanent colors. I love this shade. It's a bit warmer and more khaki-ish than the Apathy.

The pics below emphasize shimmer. It does not look that shimmery on.

First pic is Apathy, and second pic includes Mildew:

Urban Decay Apathy 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

Try this link, it may have what you're looking for:

http://www.temptalia.com/olive-green-eyeliners-swatches-dupes-and-comparisons

Sorry, that link thing does not work for me.

Olive Green Eyeliners

Olive Green Eyeliners: MAC Black Karat, MAC Black Line, MAC Buried Treasure,
MAC Rosemary & Thyme, MAC Uniform, MUFE #5L, Stila Moray, shu uemura ME Khaki 09,
UD Stash, bareMinerals 10AM, TT Sparkling Ammunition, Chanel Khaki Dore,
Shiseido Black Sand, BB Hunter, D&G Stromboli

Super Contributor

MAC has a pencil in khaki -- it's called Uniform. Green brown with a little gold. Sounds perfect for hazel eyes.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/151/1347/Products/Eyes/Liner/Technakohl-Liner/index.tmpl...#

Respected Contributor

If you have an Ulta or Sephora nearby, you might just want to browse there. I once bought an Ulta brand liner pencil in a wonderful olive/bronze shade that I got tons of compliments on. It was an impulse purchase because of the BOGO they had at the time. Of course, I have not found that color there since. I also got a really pretty green aqualiner pencil that I think was a Tarte brand - again a bargain deal at HSN that I have not seen again. I call these things "serendipity" - sometimes I'm just in the right place at the right time and happen to make the right decision.

Valued Contributor

Good luck! If you find one let us know because I've been searching for quite a while for that same color. I have the Urban Decay eyeliner, which is close to the khaki range, but by the end of the day it's gone. Goes on easily but doesn't last.

Super Contributor

Stila has one called Moray that's pretty. It's more green than brown but not a vivid green at all…looks very pretty on my greenish hazel eyes. Lasts all day too!

Frequent Contributor

The only matte green I can think of right now is the Inglot #104. Swatches can be seen here.

Respected Contributor

I like Clinique's Egyptian Cream Shaper for Eyes, pencil. Lasts longer on than UD. I also like UD Stash, deep olive, but quite shimmery.