Regular Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson is on the front page of USA TODAY!

On 10/15/2014 Opaljoy said:
On 10/15/2014 stevieb said:

I did't find the item mocking or condescending at all, and doubt that Lisa personally requested the item appear, though it seems her publicist is doing a good job... E carried a similar item. Hey she's leaving QVC and clearly trying to create some spin for whatever her 'new adventure' is... Those who don't like her will ALWAYS find reason to denigrate her and to question and demean her every action. Personally, I don't blame her for trying to put some things in place to help better ensure her post-QVC endeavors... Those wishing she'd just go. Sorry, you don't get your wish. Unless something changes, she'll leave in mid-December. Live with it...

Thank you, Amen!!!

Yes! Thank you. Very well said.

I can't believe all the posts bashing Lisa. She's a top host and a big money maker for QVC. Personally I'm sorry she's leaving but I hope she's happy doing whatever is in her future.

I hope there is not going to be 2 more months of bashing her. Enough already. I'm wondering who the next host is that will be constantly scrutinized and criticized after Lisa is gone. I feel sorry for them.

I don't hate any host or find much fault with them. We're all different and we should learn to accept that and leave these poor hosts alone. They're just doing their job.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Super Contributor

Someone was talking about posters and their remarks being reported to the FBI ??

You all do realize, don't you, that you have absolutely NO IDEA of who among you at any given minute is really whom and what their "real" job is?

A good mole could have been here for a long time already establishing a rapport with you people. ({#emotions_dlg.devil2})

Respected Contributor

On 10/14/2014 BigOrangeKitty said:
On 10/13/2014 HoneyBee07446 said:

She "loves, loves, loves the attention".... leave already - b bye!

Isn't it the truth! Give the woman her 10 min. of fame and be done with it! She's a show host. Who cares what she does or why. Does she care what YOU do or why? All this attention and speculation is unbelievable.

AGREE!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Every little bit of everything is "news" these days. I see "BREAKING NEWS ALERTS" very often online, and a lot of the time it's some starlet I never heard of announcing her pregnancy, or a low-rated talk show being cancelled, or a semi-famous couple being seen without their wedding rings.

The media flings everything out there to see what sticks. From what I understand, the story wasn't actually on the front page, anyway, and it is USA Today, a newspaper that thinks everything is newsworthy.

I work in the entertainment business (television) in NYC, and very few people I know are even aware of who Lisa is. Which doesn't mean she's not good at her job, and which doesn't mean she doesn't have a huge fan base. But she is far from being a major celebrity, and outside of the QVC world she's pretty much unknown.

Kiss

Respected Contributor

On 10/21/2014 kimkarm said:
On 10/13/2014 Luvmycats said:

I am quite certain that she personally asked for the publication (via a contact)!

THis is exactly what she wanted- Lots of attention & hype-

who cares she is washed up at 50 years old....fake everything. staring to look crazy now to old

Nothing like supporting your gender. Slamming on a fellow female because she dares to reach the ripe old age of 50 and not crawl under a rock. Men don't need to work much to keep us from reaching further when there are plenty of other women to do it for them.

Esteemed Contributor

That article was definitely not intended to be complimentary. Using a Twitter from one of Lisa's obsessed fans who ""loves"" her was a definite dig. Definitely condescending. making fun of those who are so upset at the departure of a shopping channel host.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/21/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 10/21/2014 kimkarm said:
On 10/13/2014 Luvmycats said:

I am quite certain that she personally asked for the publication (via a contact)!

THis is exactly what she wanted- Lots of attention & hype-

who cares she is washed up at 50 years old....fake everything. staring to look crazy now to old

Nothing like supporting your gender. Slamming on a fellow female because she dares to reach the ripe old age of 50 and not crawl under a rock. Men don't need to work much to keep us from reaching further when there are plenty of other women to do it for them.

Women complain that men are hard on older women, some women are even worse.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
New Contributor

You know, I was A BIG Fan of hers... recent.. about a year or so... but as i watch her now, i wonder if she is in for a big SHOCK out there in the " Real World".. she HAS been quite " The Princess" on " The Q".. with her " OH! Can you order me one of those in a size xs!!?!" while the product was still on the AIR?? NO ONE else EVER got away with that??? I have to wonder if she actually got called on her behavior and Had a fit and quit? She seems to have a bit of an attitude lately that reminds me of the old PRE MENOPAUSE Moodswings that could happen! lol I REALLY hope not.. cuase she will be in for a big Surprise if she is doing this with out a JOB OFFER!?! I am getting a feeling that is what is happening... QVC financed her little GILI hit or miss creations... she has been VERY lucky.. as we all know... some were great.. some not as much... I hope she has a backer. I have done this! lol I KNOW this whole senerio... A have been a princess with an attitude and still am to a degreeSmiley Wink But have some humility now that I'm in my sixties! lol i HOPE I am WRONG... she seems to have a different personality right before our eyes...ALL About the benjamins..Smiley Wink I am an adventurer but she's not thirty- five either... the world CAN be tough..
Super Contributor

I hope Lisa does well with her new adventure. Just not sure why she talks about food and eating junk food all the time on facebook. Sooo strange!

Super Contributor

Eleven days to go then...... and take G.I.L.I. . your owls, birds, junk food, etc. with you!!