Honored Contributor
Does anyone know of a lipstick or stain that actually leaves some color on the lips all day? I remember "back in olden times" we had lipsticks with dyes that actually held their color. They took them off the market because they were going to kill us all...a male conspiracy, I suspect.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I've had good luck with Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Supermodel. This is kind of a mauvey color, very much like the color of my lips. It lasts a long time, but when its worn off it has stained my lips. Strangely enough, I've bought this same lipstick in other colors and they have not done as well as this particular color in leaving a lasting stain.

Respected Contributor

I have the IT stain duo that can be used for both lips and cheeks and while I LOVE it for my lips isn't the best for my cheeks. The stain does last. I put it on when I get up and take it off when I go to bed and sometimes I will still see a little stain when I get up the next day. This isn't at all drying like a lot of others. You can purchase just one or get the duo, 1 of each color or 2 of the same color or just one color by itself. These are tubes that swivel up and are a nice size, larger in diameter than others and quite long, lasts a long time plus they work, great lip stain.

Regular Contributor
Try Mac's long lasting. It has color at one end and clear gloss on the other. I always buy ""Lasting Lust"" because it's a beautiful red and LASTS!!!
Super Contributor
On 6/6/2014 soonersis said:

I've had good luck with Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Supermodel. This is kind of a mauvey color, very much like the color of my lips. It lasts a long time, but when its worn off it has stained my lips. Strangely enough, I've bought this same lipstick in other colors and they have not done as well as this particular color in leaving a lasting stain.

I have the same lipstick, same color. You are right, some color does stay with you.

Frequent Contributor
On 6/6/2014 soonersis said:

Ditto but forget what shade I just bought. Lasts longer if I wait 5 minutes to put the moisture layer on .

Contributor

I've used Josie Maran's magic marker lip stain in waltz a few times over the past few weeks and it lasts all day on me.

Honored Contributor

That is hard to accomplish -- a lipstick to last all day. If you eat and drink during the day that will make the lipstick disappear. Have you tried a stain? I know Tarte has stains. Beware of lipsticks that claim to last all day as they will be very drying.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
Thanks for your help. I'll make a list and try these.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment