Super Contributor

Re: Less Water on the Skin = Better....?

On 3/10/2014 wackers said:

Thanks Magemay ............ Suzanne's Everyday Cleanser is quite appealing. I'll have to check it out. I haven't seen her skincare since she left HSN and I think she has improved on it a great deal since then.

You're welcome Wackers!

Suzanne will be on ShopHQ starting tomorrow (Thursday). The best time to purchase is when she's there, the prices usually go down during the events. They often run specials on her website as well. SuzanneSomers.com. Great customer service.

I agree, her line has improved tremendously since the HSN days. I wasn't interested, nor did I purchase anything from her line at that point because it didn't offer what I wanted for my skincare.

This current line is a whole new ballgame. Excellent quality, superb ingredients, well rounded products and a nice selection. But mainly, it doesn't include the ingredients that I don't want and won't use.

Honored Contributor

The human body is more than 80% water. They always tell you to pat dry after a shower and put on body lotion before it evaporates to seal in the moisture.

As for the face, I think it's more the results of whatever cleanser or soap you're using than the water itself. I've talked to a couple women who use Pond's cleansing cream and 'NEVER" use water on their faces .... horrors! Both of them have TERRIBLE wrinkles, so go figure.

I'm very leery of anyone who says don't use water on your face .... besides, if you were gardening and came into the house perspiring and needing a shower, would you jump into the shower to cleanse yourself ..... or would you wipe yourself down with a "cream" of some sort?

Esteemed Contributor

It's not like you are leaving the water on your skin for an inordinate amount of time. There must be something flawed in the premise that the water that is evaporating from the skin takes your own natural oils. I presume you would be cleansing off the extra surface oils anyway in [whatever] cleansing process.

But that's the way that generation cleansed their skin. Supposedly the disposable tissue was invented in order to remove the cold cream. Tissues have fibers (I suppose the early tissues were even more fibrous; it wasn't until the 70's or so when "soft" tissues were introduced) and that may have been enough for superficial exfoliation. So it left the skin clean, clear and soft.

I'm still pondering the whole method.

Respected Contributor

From what I have read is that we should moisturize within 3 minutes of cleansing to lock in moisture. Beyond that point the face and body products can't do their job. Well since reading this, you should be trying to get everything on in 3 minutes!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}