Respected Contributor

Re: Lengthy Replies Only to Not Have Them Post!

If I type something long I always copy it before I submit it. That way if it doesn't go through I just paste it and don't have to retype the whole thing.

Honored Contributor

You may have hit ""cancel"" rather than submit. It's easy to do since they're side by side.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

It has happened more times than I care to remember and it infuriates me every time. I have figured out one trick - if you hit submit and it doesn't immediately show your post, hit your backspace button and it will likely be there and then hit submit again. This has worked for me most of the time.

The trick is waiting to see right away if your post is there and before going anywhere else, click on backspace and you should see your post there. Hit submit.

I've only had one time this didn't work and it was a lengthy answer that I took awhile to finish due to some short breaks but other wise, it's worked every time.

Honored Contributor

Was it a marijuana brownies recipe?

Respected Contributor

On 5/13/2014 Vivian said: I use my iPad most of the time. I have found that the longer my post, the less likely it is to go through. I really wish that webmasters would acknowledge the fact that many of us no longer use our old computers and they need to deal with iPads, iPhones, etc.
Most do. Just not Q webbies.
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/13/2014 brewhaha said:

Was it a marijuana brownies recipe? {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

No, brew! I wouldn't want all that gooey chocolate diluting anything! Smiley Happy

wackers, thank you for the practical suggestion!

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Why not just keep things short and sweet, the long post's are such a bore and no one reads them because they take to long.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 5/14/2014 golfcartrider said:

Why not just keep things short and sweet, the long post's are such a bore and no one reads them because they take to long.

Oh, that's right. Today's reader can't consume or comprehend more than 150 characters at one time. Makes me wonder if Leo Tolstoy could even get published today. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

I've never had that happen.

I have gotten a message something like an exception has occurred, try again later. In that case I cut it and then try again later and paste it in instead of losing the entire post if it's something important, which most times it's not and I don't care if I can post or not.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've had it happen repeatedly with both short & long posts. I now copy my posts before submitting. Saves a lot of frustration when the post disappears.