Respected Contributor

Re: Lengthy Replies Only to Not Have Them Post!

On 5/15/2014 wackers said:
On 5/15/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 5/14/2014 wackers said:
On 5/14/2014 Harpa said:
On 5/14/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 5/14/2014 just bee said:
On 5/14/2014 golfcartrider said:

Why not just keep things short and sweet, the long post's are such a bore and no one reads them because they take to long.

Oh, that's right. Today's reader can't consume or comprehend more than 150 characters at one time. Makes me wonder if Leo Tolstoy could even get published today. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Not on these forums he wouldn't be. Way to many words for one forum. Wink

I myself like come right to the point. Maybe that makes me not so smart?{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} Oh well, time to go outside and play.

Have a terrific day, hope it is as nice where you are as where I am.

I'll try this next time I'm posting a recipe! Throw an egg in with some flour & sugar, the usual leavenings, a little bit of flavoring. Bake til done.

Smiley Happy

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} great response!!!

I thought mine was better!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I do apologize as yours was also a fabulous response {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.tt1} Been a long time since I've heard that word "smidgeon" - use to hear it a lot when I was young. Love some of those words. We should do a thread sometime on those old popular, off the wall words like "smidgeon" and "thingamajig" and so on. Younger members might not have a clue to what we are saying but for many, they would bring back fond memories!

Would that be something akin to whatchamacallit?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Re: Lengthy Replies Only to Not Have Them Post!

Harpa,

It is very frustrating when you lose something you put some time into. It has happened to me.

What I always do if it's a bit lengthy is do a right click to copy your text just in case...and when you get a blank screen then just paste. You may lose your title but its easy to retype that, .....as long as no banned words it will go through...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”