Esteemed Contributor

Lengthy Replies Only to Not Have Them Post!

Anybody have that happen?

One was a recipe!! How does one transgress on a recipe!? One was on beauty!

Respected Contributor

Re: Lengthy Replies Only to Not Have Them Post!

Go back and scroll down. Maybe you used a banned word.

Trusted Contributor

Harpa - I've had that happen to me. I think we only have a certain amount of time to submit our post, or it times out due to inactivity. I now write long posts on my iPad notes and then I copy and paste to reply.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Esteemed Contributor

I use my iPad most of the time. I have found that the longer my post, the less likely it is to go through. I really wish that webmasters would acknowledge the fact that many of us no longer use our old computers and they need to deal with iPads, iPhones, etc.
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/13/2014 muttmom said:

Go back and scroll down. Maybe you used a banned word.

They used to give you a warning that something was not allowed. But now it just abruptly doesn't post, and all that you've written is lost, and you never know why.

Yes, good idea, lyn!

Respected Contributor

Actually I believe it times out. You only have so long to post and if it takes a while you lose the post.

What I do is cut what I write in the Post a Reply box. Then I refresh the thread and paste it again. This seems to do the job.

I'm famous for long posts so had to learn the hard way after losing many posts.

Super Contributor

You may have waited to long to click Submit, I've had that happen to me after waiting too long. If I happen to take awhile submitting the post because I'm doing other things and get distracted, or whatever happens to be the case, I'll usually copy the text before clicking submit so I have it copied in case it doesn't post. It's so frustrating when it happens!

If you used a "bad" word, it would warn you about it.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes its good for me, I get so mad I finally get off the board. Yes, it is very frustrating.
Honored Contributor

It's happened to me. I think because I'm so into my long (probably too long and wordy) post that at the end; I mistakenly hit cancel instead of submit.

Super Contributor

I get a message (in red!) when my post contains a forbidden word. Some of the words are almost funny -- like they're using a filter targeted to 12 year olds

Interesting that it may "time out" as some have suggested. Every time I get one that doesn't post, I vow to always copy what I've written just in case. I never remember to, but maybe I'll be extra vigilant now, especially with longer posts.

It's SO aggravating! I feel for ya!