Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier Secret Brightener

Has anyone used this? What is your opinion of it, and what does it do? I need something for under my eyes and have been curious about this for years. I have shadows under my eyes. I don't know why I've never tried it. Would this be similar to Yves Saint Laurent Touch Eclat? I've never tried it either but have always been curious. I wouldn't try it now because I try not to purchase products that have been tested on animals. Laura Mercier is cruelty free.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier Secret Brightener

I have the LM Secret Brightening powder. It is okay...not a holy grail product for me. Honestly, I use my Benefit Powderflage (which was unfortunately discontinued a while ago) much more frequently.

I tried the Touché Éclat a few years ago and found it did nothing, especially for the outrageous price tag. There are great dupes that you can purchase that provide a similar effect (Boots available at Target makes a nice one for a fraction of the price as does Korres).

Honored Contributor

I have the LM Secret Brightening Powder. The Secret Brightener is a product like the Touche Eclat, in that type of container. Thanks for your reply though. I've got to go to Target soon, so I'll look for the Boots product.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have not tried it but I can tell you this much. You can return any product you are not satisfied with to LM. I purchased a lipstick and returned it after trying it out and not liking it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 7/6/2014 KatCat1 said:

I have not tried it but I can tell you this much. You can return any product you are not satisfied with to LM. I purchased a lipstick and returned it after trying it out and not liking it.

That's good to know KatCat1. Thanks for telling me.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 7/6/2014 Smurfette said:

There are great dupes that you can purchase that provide a similar effect (Boots available at Target makes a nice one for a fraction of the price as does Korres).

Smurfette, I'm going to Target tomorrow. Do you know what the Boots product is called? I checked their website and also Target's and couldn't figure it out. They didn't have anything that sounded like a highlighter. I also went to Sephora and HSN and couldn't find the Korres product. Are they in a tube with a brush (pen) like the Touche eclat? I'd be interested in looking at either one of these. Thanks.

-Henry David Thoreau