Trusted Contributor

L.A. Colors - Nail Polish Rave

FYI- Not exactly sure where else this brand can be found, I found at Walmarts. Very impressed, although knowing that there is opinions/reviews that go from 👍🏼Thumbs up to 👎🏼Thumbs down - this is a WINNER 🏅for me. Price was 1.99 each. IMG_1472.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

- also purchased the Top coat. 

I've been fortunate to learn and try new things - recommendations on the Q's boards and so just wanted to pass this one along too. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Re: L.A. Colors - Nail Polish Rave

Are these made in China??

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle

Hi, -had to grab the magnifier and yes, 'Made in China' - non issue for me. I also picked up the remover pads. Very happy with this. I don't have good luck with OPI or Sally Hansen for some reason, for staying power. They never lasted on me more that 2 days. I'm liking this a lot. 

IMG_1474.JPG

⚓️
Respected Contributor

@LoveMyBaby  I own several shades from this brand and love them. The 2nd picture you posted I own the 2 middle shades. I’m getting ready to apply the color CNP10- Keepsake, which is a beautiful orange-coral shade. 

Valued Contributor

It was helpful for me to get a YT education on nail care and tricks to help me get the biggest wear for my nail polish buck.  The tricks are prep, prep and more prep.

The more time you spend preping your nails first, the better the wearability of the nail polish.

I kid you not.  I did not do this before...and to my utter amazement...the wearability of DIY mani was extended significantly.  Those gals know what they are talking about on YT and I listened and did what they said.  It was like the key to a miracle for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

It was helpful for me to get a YT education on nail care and tricks to help me get the biggest wear for my nail polish buck.  The tricks are prep, prep and more prep.

The more time you spend preping your nails first, the better the wearability of the nail polish.

I kid you not.  I did not do this before...and to my utter amazement...the wearability of DIY mani was extended significantly.  Those gals know what they are talking about on YT and I listened and did what they said.  It was like the key to a miracle for me.

I would be interested in what you mean by prep, @Good4u.  Other than removing all old polish, washing your hands after removing the polish, pushing back cuticle and filing any rough edges is about it for me.  Is there more? 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I found these at the Family Dollar.  They last a long time.  I only need one coat for a good coverage.  When I am ready to change color, the removal is easy.  I recommend these, too!  You can't beat the price.  I have purchased high end polish and it doesn't last as long.  Good buy!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@wvumountiefan

Sounds nice, I'll look for it. Glad you're having good luck with this brand too Woman Happy

⚓️
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs

Thx for the Family Dollar tip! Couldn't agree more 🙌🏼

⚓️
Valued Contributor

Indeed there is...starting with obtaining healthy nails @tends2dogs.  I did not have that due to being in chlorinated pools 3x/wk.  My nails were awful and I have a important event coming up in September that I need to be presentable for which includes my nails.  

I would recommend watching as many YT videos as you can regarding nail care.  Different things work for different people just like nail polish.  Not all nail polish formulas will work on all types of nail beds.  But the information is out there, and I had to try different things in combination in which my nail beds and free edge responded.  Is it a one size fits all?  Nope.

I don't mean to be evasive, but it is not as simple as do "this" and your mani/pedi will last a month.  Because I do more than what you described in your post, it was trial and error but so worth it because I extended my nail polish wearability considerably.  At least I have found this to be true with the Insta-Dri brand by Sally Hansen.  I don't know about how this works with other nail polish lines.  Time will tell, I guess.