Contributor

Josie's Vanilla Pear Whipped Body Butter Jumbo NO MORE!

Beware that QVC will NO LONGER be offering Vanilla Pear in the 19 oz. jumbo tub unless you order it on AUTO SHIP for this visit, as stated in Josie's 5:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. June 2, 2016 shows!  I'm very upset with this considering the Vanilla Pear and the Unscented were the two most popular orders.  Both hosts justified that this is because QVC cannot sustain these prices any longer, and also because QVC needs to make room for other scents in the jumbo tubs.  So QVC is taking the most popular scent and eliminating it in the jumbo tub, which doesn't make sense, except that it will force loyal customers to pay more $ for smaller amounts in their favorite scent or to force us to try other scents?  Please contact QVC to complain about this if you're a fan of Josie's Vanilla Pear Whipped Body Butter as I am. 

I love the Vanilla Pear scent because it's refreshing and not an over-powering scent, like the Carmel Apple I got in another of Josie's Kit.  Although I like the Carmel Apple, I recently had a wake-up call that this scent is not subtle like the Vanilla Pear, and so I share this very true story with anyone who wants a good laugh!

One morning after my shower, I decided to use Josie's Carmel Apple Whipped Body Butter on my skin after my shower before school, and to conserve my Vanilla Pear Whipped Body Butter.  When my high school students walked into my classroom, I had four different students say that they smelled waffles or syrup and they said this throughout the course of the morning.  I thought why are they saying this and it wasn't until after school that I had remembered that I had used the Carmel Apple body butter, and to make matters worse, I had my little heater running on my feet in my very cold classroom, which must've dispersed the aroma moreso throughout my classroom.  Needless to say, I couldn't wear the Carmel Apple body butter anymore to school, as it made my students very hungry, but I never had a problem with the more subtle Vanilla Pear Whipped Body Butter scent that I ususally wear,daily!

Although I currently have one and three-quarter tubs of Josie's Vanilla Pear Whipped Body Butter reamining from the three that I had ordered last December, I had to order two more tubs just so that I could continue getting the Vanilla Pear tubs throughout the year through autoship.  I'm not happy camper that QVC is doing this to loyal Josie and QVC customers who love the Vanilla Pear scent.    

Lovin2Learn

Occasional Contributor

Re: Josie's Vanilla Pear Whipped Body Butter Jumbo NO MORE!

Sorry you won't be able to get the vanilla pear anymore BUT Josie said that she-not QVC-is making way for different scents so that's why she won't be able to make the

vanilla pear. I didn't hear anyone mention the reason was because of the price.

I would e-mail Josie and tell her how you feel.

Frequent Contributor

Lovin2Learn- I was a lil bummed to hear the same thing. The pear is 1 of the only scents I don't have. But, you may want to try "high end" beauty stores.  

Honored Contributor

I love the vanilla pear, I remember when it came out in the Morrocan Escape kit. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

vanilla pear is my favorite along with creamy vanilla.  I don't care for the rest so guess I will be stuck with unscented in the future unless creamy vanilla comes back. I think the more scents they offer, the more people would buy so they can switch up their favorites.

Esteemed Contributor

I decided to try Gardenia on the Auto Delivery. If I love the fragrance, I will want more in 5 months. If I don't, I will cancel.

I already have the Vanilla Pear and although it's beautiful, I wanted to try something different.

Good luck everyone Smiley Happy

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

OP - you cracked me up with the story of making your students become hungry, lol.

Spoiler
Smiley Happy