Valued Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Strawberry Argan Body Butter ?

ajsidney12, no they didn't get back to me. I personally messaged them on facebook because I didn't want to post on their wall and embarass them or anything if it was just a misprint. I guess I will email them tonight. 

Valued Contributor

@Ruby Woo wrote:

ajsidney12, no they didn't get back to me. I personally messaged them on facebook because I didn't want to post on their wall and embarass them or anything if it was just a misprint. I guess I will email them tonight. 

I did the same thing earlier today, through FB. Still hoping it is just a misprint,

Frequent Contributor

You can email Josie at her website. Did anyone email QVC and let them know?

Valued Contributor

@Snow Kitten I received a reply to my message this afternoon: "We have been in contact with our QVC Team, as well as out Quality Assurance Team and we can assure you that this item does contain a hefty amount of our 100% Pure Argan Oil.  It does seem as though there was a miscommunication/typo of sorts on both the box and the QVC website.  We have alerted our teams and seek to remedy this situation as best as possible...."

Valued Contributor

I got an email this morning saying the same thing. I'll be interested in seeing the updated ingredients. Cheers!

Honored Contributor

I don't use her products, but this seems a little fishy to me. How does something like that slip through her quality control, makes you wonder what else is being slipped by the consumer.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

The original poster is correct. I actually have this kit and the ingredients for each item are listed on the back of the box. Argan oil is NOT listed as an ingredient in the body butter on the box that the kit is packaged in, as well as the mislabeled ingredient list on the QVC item listing.

Also, another quality control issue with this kit was a problem with the oil bottle dropper cap leaking in the packaging during shipment.  Mine lost maybe 5% of the product, and I thought it was just a fluke.  But then this morning I read in several other reviews that their dropper caps leaked as well. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bordercollielover wrote:

It DOES have argan oil in the body butter. The ingredients you posted are for Whipped Argan Oil Body Cleansing Butter and NOT the body butter. It's a misprint.

I assumed all her products contain more Argan Oil than anything else. Sad, I am disapointed   Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

It DOES have argan oil in the body butter. The ingredients you posted are for Whipped Argan Oil Body Cleansing Butter and NOT the body butter. It's a misprint.

I assumed all her products contain more Argan Oil than anything else. Sad, I am disapointed   Smiley Sad

Are you referring specifically to the cleansing butter not having argan oil as the majority ingredient? Unlike the body butters which are for moisturizing, I suppose for it to work properly as a cleanser it needs certain amounts of other ingredients.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

one would think that if you call it Whipped argan oil body cleansing butter it would, well, contain ARGAN OIL! LOL Maybe it was just a misprint. However, Beekman boys have an iris and alow soap with no aloe in it. And products with honey in the name but no actual honey in the ingredients. So who knows??