Honored Contributor

Re: Is there an eyeliner that stays put?

I have found that the gel liners in general stay on longer than any others. I personally prefer the pencil as I find it easier then the little pot and a brush. I once took all of my eyeliners and put stripes on the back of my hand like Mally does and then rubbed to see which ones stayed on. They all came off pretty easily with the exception of Tarte. I don't believe any of them were gels, this was a while back, but they were all supposed to be quote unquote bulletproof!
Respected Contributor

I'll say it again, Nars. I put it on at 8am this morning and it was still going strong when I removed it at 11pm. Can't say the same for the Bobbi Brown mascara I wore today. It smudgedSmiley Sad
Honored Contributor

On 7/21/2014 LadyBug77 said: For 40+ years I've been trying to find an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline. NOTHING WORKS! I've tried them all. The last I tried was IT Gel Pencil.....totally worthless. I give up! I've posted my troubles in finding an eyeliner. And I've been told to use a primer. I do not use eyeliner on my top lid. I use it on my WATERLINE so please do not tell me to use a primer.
I would never suggest primer on the waterline but I do put lid primer under the lashes on the bottom lid. The advantage is that it keeps things around it in place but keeping liner on the waterline is near impossible I get it . I've yet to try it myself but the reviews on Inglot are phenomenal and it apparently stays in the water line as well
Frequent Contributor

I really like the Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner ($13). There are lots of colors to choose from and they stay on all day for me. http://www.sephora.com/retractable-waterproof-eyeliner-P230234#BVRRWidgetID

A drugstore brand that works good for me is the Covergirl Queen Collection Vivid Impact Eyeliner. http://www.covergirl.com/beauty-products/eye-makeup/eyeliner/queen-vivid-impact-waterproof-eyeliner

Good luck, you have lots of suggestions!

Respected Contributor

I have droopy eyelids and use Physician's formula Shimmer Strips. Comes in many colors. It does not transfer to my upper lid. HTH

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

On 7/21/2014 LadyBug77 said: For 40+ years I've been trying to find an eyeliner that will stay on my waterline. NOTHING WORKS! I've tried them all. The last I tried was IT Gel Pencil.....totally worthless. I give up! I've posted my troubles in finding an eyeliner. And I've been told to use a primer. I do not use eyeliner on my top lid. I use it on my WATERLINE so please do not tell me to use a primer.

I purchased a liner for my waterline and it actually stayed put. It was a rose gold color from em michelle phan (yes, the brand is actually in all lowercase letters {#emotions_dlg.laugh}). It is called waterliner I believe. I will try to post a link but I stink at doing that so you may just have to use the google machine.

https://www.emcosmetics.com

Super Contributor

I use the Bare Minerals Prime Time eye primer and it has really made it possible for me to wear eyeliner. I currently use Lancome gel liner. My lids are oily and the Prime Time keeps my makeup good all day.
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone. I have some brands to try. Thanks again for everyone who answered.

Respected Contributor

NARS
Occasional Contributor

This is a topic that has always been important to me. I HAVE to wear eyeliner or I look like death. I also perspire an unbelievable amount, especially in summer. The eyeliners I always go back to are Bobbie Brown gel in the little glass jar, Smashbox Jetset in glass jar, and TARTE waterproof gel in the glass jar. I think the very best one is Bobbie Brown's. I mean it doesn't go ANYWHERE even with profuse sweating and extremely oily lids(I have those too). Smashbox's has an equal staying power but it dries out extremely fast and about 2/3 of the jar gets wasted. Tarte's is very close for staying power but it has fewer color choices than Bobbie's. I have tried a jillion other brands including every drugstore brand I've seen that has a gel in a jar. So far none of the drugstore brands have the staying power and I end up with varying degrees of raccoon eyes. I am able to use a few of the drugstore bands in the winter (which is ridiculously short in the deep south where I live).