Respected Contributor

In need of a new hair dryer. Any recs from you guys?

i know QVC carries the Drybar hair dryer, but is it really worth that much? I have a lot of hair and it's down to my mid back. What do you gals use?

Frequent Contributor

Re: In need of a new hair dryer. Any recs from you guys?

I would recommend a T3.  I know they are more expensive than others, but the condition of my hair improved dramatically when I changed from a cheap hair dryer to the T3.  It also dries my hair in less time.

Respected Contributor

To me all dryers are the same. A cheap model from walmart should work just as well as any

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A good mid-range-priced option...BABYLISS.  Powerful and lightweight. Has ion generator so it dries really fast. I bought mine from amaz after reading the good reviews there.Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

I had a T3 for probably about 4 years until it gave out a few weeks ago.  I switched back to my cheap conair that I'd had before - thinking I didn't really want to spend the money for another expensive hair dryer.  I can't believe what a difference the cheap one has made - the texture of my hair has taken a serious nosedive since my T3 died!!

I did a search on here and found a thread where people recommended a Solano.  It's on the Ulta website for about $150 but I found it on Amazon for just under $100 and they had a 15% off coupon to use.  Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013FDN5K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It should arrive tomorrow - I'm anxious to try it and trash the cheap one!  It hasn't done my hair any good at all!!!!

Good luck!

Regular Contributor

I second the recommendation for BABYLISS!

I love it!  I got it at Bed Bath & Beyond and used one of their coupons.  I had read a lot of good recommendations on here for it.

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Super Contributor

I agree go for the best dryer you can afford, it makes a big difference in the quality of your hair

Respected Contributor

I read rave reviews on a Conair Infinity-Pro, so i picked one up at Walmart for $40.  So far I like it.  It dries my hair really quick.

Respected Contributor

I got my hair dryer on sale for about $10 many years ago.  I don't believe the hype they use to sell those expensive dryers, but what do I know?  Maybe there's something to it.  I only use it to get my hair half dry so that it dries on its own.  My hair is curly and becomes deformed and horrible looking if I dry it all the way.  It takes a lot of skill to actually style curly hair that's layered.  If you're using it for a very intense styling need, maybe the more expensive ones are worth it.  I wouldn't buy them.

Valued Contributor

I have a normal Solano,  the only professional one I've bought and love it. Best hair dryer I've ever owned they guarantee them longer than a T3. My SIL is a hairdresser and won't use anything else but the Solano. Different Solanos are suited for your hair texture. I've tried cheapos and tested out professional ones (thanks to my SIL salon) and think without a doubt there is a difference. I've tested a $300 dryer that wasn't as good as my Solano or a Babyliss.