Occasional Contributor

After wildly anticipating it's arrival, I have to say I'm underwhelmed. I was confused as everyone else about what color foundation to choose and after much indecision, I went with the tan, believing the colors run light and to that point, I was right! Tan seems right for my complexion in this cosmetics line. It's more of a netural medium - no yellow in this at all. The foundation came with a flat, round sponge as well as a foundation brush. I tried both and think the sponge applies the powder better and the look is less cakey. The product dusts very easily with the brush. I prefer medium to full coverage, and to achieve it with this foundation, you end up looking a little cakey. The flush stick isn't for me. I applied it to my lips and cheeks. It's a very candy-colored pink which doesn't look right on me. It's also very 'sticky', so when I tried to tone the pink down with brushing a little foundation on top, hairs from the brush came out and stuck to my cheeks. The tighliner & mascara - well, not wowed by these either. The brochure that came with the kit described being able to work the tightliner very close to the lashline to achieve an eye-liner effect....didn't happen after repeated attempts. The mascara added no volume, no length, no drama, no nothing, ha ha! Needless to say, I'm disappointed and can't justify keeping this kit. I'm a harsh critic so I'd love to hear other reviews and really hope those of you that got it were happier than I am.